I came in early this morning for a convention here and was pleasantly surprised. From the moment my car door was opened by a doorman I've excellent customer service, outstanding enough for me to want to write this review before I forget to. Everyone from check-in to room service to housekeeping was exceptionally friendly and helpful and willing to go the extra mile. I was given an early check-in which was great since I came in on a red eye. It's a rarity these days to have most, or in this case, EVERY employee so friendly and professional.
The room was nice, clean and the bed was comfortable (and I am quite sensitive with beds). The room amenities were standard. The deluxe atrium room faces the massive window for a full view of the Potomac. There is a small fridge and safe.
Room service was prompt, correct and delicious (try the crab cake appetizer)!
I plan to try their spa tomorrow so will write a separate review soon.
Wi fi was free and the speed was adequate for watching videos even without upgrading. So far the rooms used for the sessions I have attended have been excellent, however I am only attend about 2 conferences a year and don't have much to comment on regarding these big rooms. There are several restaurants, a coffee place, a few shops and (I think) 2 lounge/bars here so you don't have to leave the resort if you are too tired, which is good when your time is limited like mine has been. Within walking distance there are also many more places to eat and shop. There's a lot about the hotel and National Harbor that you can find online but I just wanted to say that the service is outstanding. The facilities are beautiful, it is very clean and the atrium view is impressive. The rooms are fine- on par with a basic Marriott hotel but not as nice as a Renaissance or JW room. The are above average compared with other conferences I've been to like Crowne Plaza and some Intercontinetal. If you're coming here, it's probably not to stay in the room so I do recommend staying here or if there's a meeting you have an opportunity to attend- come visit! Its worth it to check out the novel National Harbor. Was dreading coming to this conference but now really glad I came and wish i had more time to explore this area. Definitely one of my best conference hotel experiences because there's much more to enjoy! And even if youre bored to tears by your meetings, the views and the "feel" of this resort just makes you feel happy. Cheers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill