Stayed here on a Saturday night, the end of January, for a work function with my husband's employer. The property is beautiful. The atrium that has a water fountain that goes off set to music (like the Bellagio in Las Vegas). The rooms are nice, the bathrooms very large with two sinks and a huge shower (no tub). The staff was friendly. Was a bit ignored in the valet parking when we checked in and had to get the attention of the bell staff to help us off-load. Decided on check out to do it ourselves. Once in the lobby we were asked by 5 different bellman if we needed help (sorry guys, you were too slow on check-out so you loose now). Front desk was quick on check-in. Some of the rooms have balconies that overlook the atrium. The room was $189 on a Saturday night plus valet. The bed was comfy but had the typical Marriott squishy pillows. They are now part of the Marriott chain (which the valet reminded us of upon checkout) so save your money and use points. Nice sports bar but expensive and service very slow! Went to the nightclub on the 18th floor that advertises great views. Views are so-so and the music was HORRIBLE or maybe we are too old. Left 5 minutes after arriving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill