We were three days at the Gaylord Hotel because of a Bussiness Convention. It is a beautiful hotel, very spacious, well organized but service is not good. People were just doing their jobs, they looked tired, probably because it was a huge convention.
Food was OK, not fantastic. The SPA is really expensive, a hair style is $92 dlls, a massage $170 dlls.
Washington DC is far from the hotel, we did not find a subway station around and taxi charged $37 dlls to the City Mall.
There are good restaurants if you walk beside the Potomac river, it was a nice walk there.
If you are a Marriot Rewards Member, you can earn some points there. Just give your number at the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill