We stayed at the Gaylord for the recent fencing competition. The hotel is beautiful, very new, open and clean. Don't foget swimwear because the pool is beautiful, as is the jacuzzi. The rooms are fresh and average size. Staff is attentive. Remember that the hotel is HUGE. Kids will love riding the elevators up and down, and there is a water show that draws kids like magnets. The only problem is the food. It is horrible. The worst is the Italian buffet restaurant. For the salad offerings, there was just cucumbers and tomatoes and lettuce, that's it. no peppers, carrots, etc. There was no pasta and red sauce for the kids. Just over cheesy and dried out mac and cheese. The pizza looked like it had been sitting out for hours. We also ate at the sports bar, which was slightly better. You are much better leaving the hotel and Oxen Hill and driving to better food. We didn't try Old Hickory, so can't comment on that. We went to Mustang something with the mechanical bull, which was ehh. It was fun watching the bull ride however. We will definitely stay at the Gaylord in the future, but never ever will eat there. There is a CVS down the street which is convenient for snacks/water/soda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill