“Amazing...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor

You added AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor to your Saves list
AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   156 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, MD 20745 (Formerly aloft Washington National Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in National Harbor
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“Amazing...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The only thing I was not impressed with was the lobby, there was no sign letting you know that you need to take either the stairs or the elevator to the registration desk located on the second floor.

The hotel was amazing, clean rooms, huge beds, extremely modern. Impressive shower and bathroom. Great view...

They were very welcoming, no dinning area to speak of, very limited breakfast area but what they served was great. Large bar area...

Definitely, a Hotel I would consider again if ever going to DC.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Trying to locate this hotel, I passed It a few times before I realized AC Hotel took over the "ALoft" hotel. I have stayed at "ALoft" when they first popped up in the MD and Philly area and even at this location...National Harbor. I found "ALoft" to be a poorly run, cheap motel that I vowed NEVER to stay in on my travels. ( I had several horrible stays). Therefore, when I realized I was staying at a some-what renovated "ALoft" I was very disappointed. Shame on me for not reading the Trip Advisor reviews prior to my stay. So here is my scoop...
Pros...
I was warmly greeted by an enthuastic check in girl.
Nice large lobby area with lots of seating.
I was given the only "complimentary" Platinum Status guest immenity..."choose a snack or beverage from the convenience shop." (Actually 2 small complimentary bottles of water were in my room).
The location is a great spot in the Harbor...right in the middle of everything.
2nd floor has outside seating to overlook the Harbor.
Very comfy bed and linen.
Flat screene TV is hung on the wall. Good height and nice size.
Valet guys are helpful and friendly.
Clean.
CONS...
Valet parking is $35.
$16 public parking garage a block away.
Oddly...no tissue box in rooms....just a small travel pack of tissues provided.
No microwave.
Shower showed wear and tear.
Small room which is fine for a short stay...not a lot of room to spread out for a long stay in other words.
It was formerly "ALoft" hotel as mentioned.
Being a Platinum Status guest holds no value...no extras for that achieved status.

Overall...I thought it was NOT a good value. Besides...I still felt like I was staying at the Aloft hotel and I could not get past my horrible experience (the ALoft hotel in PHILLY seemed to be a hotel for ladies of the night..."loud" ladies of the night.)

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Ashburn, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This past weekend was my wife's birthday and I wanted to do a little "staycation" and not get caught up in too much traffic. So I wanted to go back to the hotel that we stayed on the night of our wedding, the Aloft Hotel in National Harbor. To my surprise, the hotel was purchase by Marriott, and the new name is AC Hotel. Now I was really trying to get the room we stayed in on our wedding night, but nothing was available on the 8th floor. Not seeing the new renovations, I made the assumption that the hotel was pretty much the same in regards to decor and price, but oh was I surprised. When I pulled up the reservation and saw the price, I wanted to curse, but I didn't.....I promise...not then at least. I got a "package" that included breakfast for 2, which really was in the price, the hotel doesn't have parking so I had to pay $16 in the public garage next door, and the breakfast, wasn't worth the over $30 they charged me. As for the room, I liked the colors and decor of the previous hotel and I was very disappointed to see that they did not keep the vibrant colors and when to a contemporary brown and boring look. Now as for the price, I'm sure I could have stayed at a Ritz Carlton for less money and had a much bigger and nicer room, better food and possible parking included in the price that I paid to stay at this hotel. The service was great, the room was clean, hotel was clean and nice, it's just WAAAYY TOO expensive for such a small place. I know location is key, but this is just nutts. I would stay at this brand of Marriott again at a different location, but if the price is the same, then I'm heading to the RItz.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get the Harbor View Rooms.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This new arrival by the Marriott chain into the National Harbor area is a good solid deal. It is a bit different from our expectations and is far more European than most hotels in our area. That is not a bad thing, only setting expectations. Very minimalistic rooms with amazingly little storage and very strange closet configuration. Still, it was comfortable and affordable, which is what a hotel room needs to be.

We were told that Marriott opened this AC just about a month ago (formerly the Aloft). I found it operated smoothly for the most part. My only criticism other than the lack of storage space in the rooms, is the bar. It was barely stocked except for making its own concoctions. Staff at the bar was hit or miss. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly.

The breakfast for 15.00 may be the best buy in the area. Very fresh and well stocked although the selection was limited by American standards. No soggy scrambled eggs but lots of cold meats, cheese, quiche and beautiful fresh fruits and pastries. Personally, that is a big plus in my mind.

It is different than a local Holiday Inn, or even the Residence Inn down the street, but it was fun and a fair value. I found it to be a better value than the Marriott Gaylord and likely more enjoyable. One note, they participate in Marriott rewards, but they do not offer special amenities for Platinum members. Enjoy it for what it is and you will like it.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Baldwin, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pros: The hotel is wedged in the heart of the harbour. My room was located across from main entrance to activities. I loved the view. The fitness room is very nice. Modern machines and nice weights. The employees were very friendly and accommodating. The mattress was very comfortable.
Cons: only hotel parking is valet and that is$35 a day. Only self parking is a block away and its$16 a day. If you go in and out you pay,$16 every time. No room service, no vending machines or ice on floors, no hotel restaurant. Just European buffet for breakfast. Not much., check-in desk is on 2nd floor. Another elevator to go to your room all to find a dimly lit hallway with industrial carpet., No kleenex n rooms. Must use toilet tissue. Coffee maker is on a nice shelf with no outlet , so I had to put it on the sink counter. One day they forgot to leave coffee or cups and I was stressed to wake up with no coffee. Floors in room are bare. No carpet. Rooms are very small. I didn't like the room at all. Drab color taupe.
I just expected more from mariott hotels and$400 a night.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is ideally located right in the center of the National Harbor complex, right on Waterfront Drive. The National Harbor complex has lots of restaurants, bars and tourist type shopping.

The AC is a boutique hotel, smaller property and smaller rooms. Our room had no closet and only two small drawers. The size of the room is fine for an overnight, but would be tight for anything more than a couple of days. The view from our room was less than desirable and of the lower roof's physical plant. There is no hotel parking, but they do offer valet parking in one of the many parking garages in the National Harbor complex. All of the garages are within a short walking distance to the hotel.

The décor of the hotel was chic modern. There is a small hotel bar in the second floor lobby and a dining area that serves a breakfast (not complimentary) and hosts an evening reception.

All in all the hotel was OK, but not nearly worth the $300+ per night price tag, regardless of the great location and the summer weekend stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Not clean - the bathroom shower actually appeared to be old, like it had sat in a storeroom or on the back of a truck for too long. The bathroom floor had not, not, NOT been properly (if at all) cleaned by housekeeping. In the hallway, housekeeping left their supplies directly in the middle, causing you to have to squeeze by filthy mops, etc.

Exercise room - the water didn't work, the TV hookup to the elliptical machine didn't work and it seemed to be uncomfortably hot & humid.

Nothing in the room to familiarize you with the area or hotel. Front desk advised they had nothing in writing...I guess they just rely on you checking things out yourself online.

A trendy hotel, but definitely NOT a hotel for a middle-aged traveler hoping for something that might be, maybe, a bit upscale.

To their credit, I left without staying the night and was not charged...luckily, I lived within driving distance, although I had hoped not to have to drive home that evening after a busy day in the Washington metropolitan area.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Been to AC Hotel Washington, DC at National Harbor? Share your experiences!