Was able to obtain a discount and decided to stay on a Friday night before Christmas 2013.
1. Other than check in, staff was polite and nice
2. Liked the location. Wasn't right in the heart of the harbor where all the traffic is (where tourist congregate).
3. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good. Eggs, pancakes, pastries, bagels, toast, sausage and potatoes, cereal, Orange juice, Cranberry juice, coffee and tea (would have loved apple juice and bacon, but they did not have that).
4. Room was nice, but also had cons (see below). Bed was very comfortable. TV was on a swivel stand so you could watch tv from the living area or the bed.
5.Room had stovetop, microwave and refrigerator, with plates, glasses etc. Really liked that.
6. Liked that the 'bathroom' sink was not in the actual bathroom. Was in its own area with a closet where the doors were made of full length mirrors. Great for ladies :-)
7. Enjoyed this hotel more than A-Loft, which is another hotel also at National Harbor.
THE NOT SO GOOD
1. Check-in was longer than necessary. There were 3 agents behind the desk, but only one was helping guests. One of the agents after at least 5-10 minutes asked me if I was there to check in, and apologized for not asking me sooner.
2. Parking is not the best. You have to park in a parking garage across the street from the hotel. Trying to walk through a parking garage with cars driving through can be a little dangerous...so you have to keep your eyes open at all times.
3. The sleeper sofa was not very comfortable.
4. The actual bathroom which consisted of toilet and shower was very small. You could not sit on toilet and open the door without hitting your legs (sorry for the visual)
5. Food/snacks in gift shop were a little pricy, but I guess that's the norm in any hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Marriott, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, Dc Hotel Oxon Hill