We headed to the National Harbor from Richmond for a nice evening and chose to stay at the Westin. There were a number of hotels to pick from, but the photographs and the comparative prices led us to try this spot. We arrived early Friday evening and the traffic was fairly heavy. They do have valet parking, but we chose to drop off our luggage at the front door and park in the garage which is basically across the street. The front desk staff and concierge were nice and helpful. The room was comfortable and the view was fantastic (we paid a couple of dollars extra for a room on the river side). The shower was spacious and the bed relaxing. We wandered out and enjoyed the Friday night band at overlooking the harbor area and had good dinner. (Yes, we had to try out the ferris wheel, which, for 15.00 per person was worth it for the views). We slept well and had breakfast at Sauciety, the in-hotel restaurant. The food was very tasty - my girlfriend had the traditional breakfast with eggs, sausage and hash browns that were a breakfast speciality, and I had the waffles with baked apples. Made me wish that we had tried dinner there as well. The hotel was kind enough to extend our checkout so we could explore the shops of the harbor. The concierge again was extremely helpful in watching our luggage and helping us load them in our car. I would recommend this hotel for travelers in the vicinity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising up on the shores of the scenic Potomac River, The Westin National Harbor looks out over views of our nation's capital and its many landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Westin Washington National Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Washington National Harbor Hotel Oxon Hill
- Westin Oxon Hill
- Westin Hotel National Harbor
- Oxon Hill Westin