The good things about the resort:
- Great setting, open air and nice facilities. We didnt find anything to be broken or out of order etc.
- Everything was nice and clean, and the rooms were nicely furnished. The rooms include mosquito nets.
- The all-inclusive option is great, especially for those long days at the pool bar.
- Oh yes, there is a bar in the pool. This is a serious win.
- A good and knowledgeable travel centre is located on the hotel premises, and they can advise you about all the day trips.
- Long white sandy beaches for great walks
- The bar is well stocked, and you can get pretty much anything you want included on the all-in option.
Important things to be aware of:
- If you want to snorkel in the sea, this is not the spot for you. The sea receeds about 2 km when at low tide, and is so damn hot in the shallow water that not much lives there.
- The dining room is not air-conditioned, its open air. Pretty much all the facilities are open air, with the exception of your actual room. If you want cool dining rooms etc, this isnt the spot for you. We think that the heat and the open air feeling adds to the authenticity of the experience, but grant that its not for everyone.
- The travel centre, whilst very helpful, is pretty expensive. If you can make buddies with one of the guides on day 1, you can do many trips at a fraction of the hotel price.
- Some of the rooms are "ocean view" but are miles up the hill (the hotels grounds are pretty substantial). Ask for a room "next to the pool" to make sure you arent tucked away up the hill.
All in all, we loved this spot. We went on honeymoon, and the place was fantastic. Also, I feel its great value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Jovago.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar/Pwani Mchangani