We spent 7 nights at the Neptune Pwani Beach Resort in March 2013. Overall, great experience.
The resort was opened in 2007: it's is therefore fairly new; the architectural African style is nice. It is located approximately 40 miles from the Airport and Stone Town. The ride from the airport to the hotel takes about 1h to 1h15 minutes.
The reception area is lovely. Checking-in was rather simple, even if requesting a room with twin beds was a bit of a hassle for them to deal with.
We had a Seaview room located on the top of the stairs, overlooking the Ocean. Yes, the staircase is a bit steep but we were delighted to have a room that was located in such a calm and quiet area of the resort. The room is big enough. Nothing fancy but quite nice with a terrace, two beds, a night table, a desk, a small sofa and its coffee table, closets and a big bathroom (with a shower and no tub). It was very clean and the housekeeping staff took excellent care at maintining our room nice and clean.
The grounds of the hotel are simply lovely and maintained with a high attention to details. Everything is smooth on the eyes.
The resort has two pools (it would be nice to have a standard pool too), one with a bar so that you can sip a drink while being in the water. There are plenty of lounge chairs around the pool so that you can enjoy the sun, read a book etc. A waiter will come to take your order for a cocktail or water when you use the lounge chairs. There is a towel service: you get a fresh towel every day, which is very nice.
The beach is really nice. Plenty of beach chairs too. Trees to get a bit of shade. Beach boys did not bother us. The view of the Indian Ocean is magic with its different shades of blue.
We enjoyed the all-inclusive system: the food was simply excellent. Food is served through buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The choice is very good and there are a lot of vegetarian options. Fresh fruits and vegetables were superb. Curries as well. I simply loved our meals. The staff is efficient, courteous and friendly. They will look after you. Individual bottle of waters are available so that you do not have to worry about drinking water over there.
Throughout the day, you can enjoy unlimited soft drinks (and local alcohol - drink in moderation, especially under the sun) and snacks. But the food was so good during the main meals than we did not need any extra oustide of meal times. Local cocktails were nice (the "fruit punch" without alcohol is my favorite).
I did not try the activities but my friend played volley-ball and enjoyed it.
We used the Spa. Disappointing experience. I had a body scrub which was barely ok. For $70, I found the Spa experience to be something that could be avoided. So did my friend who had a Zen Chi massage.
The resort could do with a gym; that would be very nice.
The staff at the hotel is really nice and efficient.
We did the "Safari Blue" excursion which was enjoyable but nothing to rave about (and it was a bit long and dull at the end). We also visited Stone Town, which was a must-do experience.
I love this resort: it's lovely, calm, relaxing, unpretentious and reliable. I would certainly recommend it. And I would love to return to Zanzibar, a truly lovely island.
Did not see that many mosquitoes but I had taken my anti-malaria pills and my mosquitoes sprays to be safe. Also, we bothered to get our visa from the Consulate before leaving our home country and that allowed us to bypass the long line of people getting a visa on arrival (it's hot and humid at the airport).
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar/Pwani Mchangani
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.