When we planned our trip to Zanzibar we choose this hotel out of 4 recommended by our Travel Agent simply from the good reviews on TA.
I must say we were not disappointed with our choice, it lived up to expectations apart from a few odd tweaks here and their to suit our taste.
I think the major tip from the TA reviewers was on how to choose your room.
If you want a sea view room, you will have a fantastic location looking over the whole resort with the ocean in the background BUT-
Expect a walk up and down a lot of steps which you would have to take every time you want to get anywhere (pools, restaurants, bars, reception and the beach) apart from the Spa.
Noise will still carry from the main evenings entertainment which is outside, so don't think you are away from it all.
We chose a room that they list as a Seaside location that was in the middle of the resort about 100m from the beach. We were very pleased with our choice.
We had an all exclusive package, the only things we were not to happy with were-
1/ we missed decent coffee and tea. The water was very salty, so hot drinks did not taste good.
For a coffee producing country I am sure they could find a slightly better coffee than on offer?
2/ The cheap local alcohol in our package was terrible, I would not have used the wine for cooking let alone drinking.
I would have rather paid extra and drank cheap table wine that what was served up.
The same went for the spirits in the cocktails, unless you want a serious hangover don't drink more than one!
My friends will think I am mad when I tell them I was all inclusive for a week and drank less than at home ( a bottle of wine a week).
I guess my doctor will be happy though!
3/ The daytime music by the pool was way to loud for people relaxing, but worse it played the same 10 tracks day in and day out.
Just turn it down a bit a vary it please, particularly as there were older guests too.
I must say the staff were excellent throughout our stay.
The standard of service and friendliness of all of the staff was outstanding.
The pools were crystal clear and the grounds were immaculate.
Other things I would like to mention-
Don't bother changing any money into local currency (Shillings) they take US Dollars everywhere, just take some small denominations ($1, $5, $20 etc).
If you pay in Dollars push for your change in Dollars otherwise you will get tucked up with Shillings.
If you are staying on a resort away from Stone Town ( like this one) be prepared to spending money on getting around on trips and taxis.
Stone Town was approx 1 hour from this resort and you would pay US $50 to $60 for a return taxi trip. Most excursions were around US$100 to $120 per person.
If you book yourself from the Internet push for the transfer to be included in the price or you will pay extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar/Pwani Mchangani