This was our first trip to Zanzibar and certainly not our last. Hotel, gardens and pool are lovely at Neptune. We went all inclusive. The pool bar is the "local" hangout. Everybody chats and is friendly. Nice vibe. The staff are friendly and always greeting. The food was good, always fresh fish and chicken or pork. Pity that there was no ice-cream and the fruit selection was very boring. No bananas, star fruit, jackfruit etc. Good cocktails and lovely cappucino's at the bars. We did go for Pizza one night and their pizzas are very good. We also had hamburgers and chips for lunch there twice and was good. The hotel room was kept clean and only ever saw 2 mozzies whilst there.
The Spice Tour was excellent, thoroughly enjoyed it and so did my 8 year old. We used Island express and our guide "Juma" was very good, even stopped at a roadstall and bought us bananas.
We snorkelled off Mnemba Island twice and we went with the "beach boys" Eddie Murphy crowd. Both times no problems, they had water, cokes, fruit for us. Mnemba is flippin fantastic. You have to snorkel or dive there. Just barter with the beach boys, we paid $30 dollars each and $10 for my son. They bought along the snorkelling gear and flippers.
Its a pain when u want to go swim and you have all the beach sellers around you. I eventually just ran down the beach to the sea. But you meet, "james bond", charlie brown" "madiba", "alibaba" you name it. You end up having a laugh with them and they just want to talk and found out about South Africa etc. I loved their beach stalls with their names of "Sandton City", Hyde Park, Shoprite checkers, Pick n Pay, Ikea etc. We bought stuff from the stalls and supported the locals. They make lovely beaded sandals and cost around $20 a pair. I had a full body massage for 1 hour on the beach by "shani" and it was good and much much cheaper than hotel. She also did our henna tattoos and is very talented in her art work.
Just don't lie too close to the wall/edge were the hotel beach ends, as the beach sellers will call you or whistle for u. It can become a bit tiresome.
We went on the Safari Blue Tour and it was very good. Good snorkelling, lovely reef and lunch was lovely. The crystal blue waters on both islands were just awesome. Its extremely hot, went thru 2 bottles of sunscreen in a week. Other than, its a lovely relaxing holiday. Must mention the drivers on the road are very courteous and drive slowly and all very prompt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar/Pwani Mchangani