What a pleasure to be back "at home". We stayed there again for 15 nights. It was wonderful as usual. I will not come back on all the positive points as everyone writing a review on the Neptune does it. What I found different was they have a new Chef (German); the food is good, but I think it was better when the Austrian Chef was there especially the seafood platter ($110.-for two people) unfortunately it was dry and not as good as before.
In my last review, I was complaining that they removed the music at the pool bar; when we arrived this time the music wasn't there; we talked to the F&B manager saying it was really sad not to relax while drinking a coktail at the bar and the music center arrived the next day and the bar became the most popular spot in the swiming pool.
What I would like to draw attention to is the staff, nobody mentions them; they are the heart of this place; the Neptune would not be so popular if it wasn't for Steven, Rajab, Raphael, Stella, Sabri, Anna, Djuma, "Little Boss", Agnes from the bar and restaurant and of course little Mary who makes sure that when you go to the restroom at anytime, everything is super clean (at the poolbar).
Dear Guys we really love you and thank you for your friendship.
And for those who like horseriding a club just opened a few month ago (I think this is the only one). They have 9 horses and the owner is Italian. You can find information at the watersport house of the Neptune down by the sea (next to the volleyball pitch).
Here are some pictures of the wonderful staff of the Neptune.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar/Pwani Mchangani