We spent the tail end of our Safari honeymoon here in Sandies for 4 nights. Time almost stands still here which makes it perfect for complete relaxation. Hands down, the beach in front of the hotel is the best for miles. During low tide there are beautiful sand bars that allow you to walk out as much a 1km out to sea (bring reef shoes!). But if all you want to do is lay out and get served, you can do that as well and be just as happy. The beach boys can be problematic if you're not firm with them so just say "No thanks" and ignore them. If you're ready to buy some souvenirs, we went into "Marco Polo's" shop and got some pretty great deals but bear in mind you will have to walk past a ton of other shops.
The staff at the hotel was friendly and always ready with a "Jambo!" and a smile. However, the "Hakuna Matata" get's a little old and feels forced after a while.
The rooms were extremely clean and after over a week on safari, the air conditioning was refreshing to have in the room.
The spa facilities were great and well kept. There's a private pool, sauna, jacuzzi and excellent lounging views so I'd opt to go for a massage at least once and take advantage of the facilities for a couple hours. It's beautiful up there...
The food was above average albeit a little westernized so don't come here expected a ton of local food except for the fruits.
Overall, you get what you pay for here and it will not disappoint. I'd recommend this place in a heart beat.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Zanzibar/Pwani Mchangani
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.