After a weeks safari the week stay we had at the Neptune Pwani Beach Resort was pure bliss ! I can't say the same for the flight from Nairobi to Zanzibar airport with "Precision Air" !!! Other people have commented on Trip Advisor about this airline and I can only concur the same - 2 hours late getting to Zanzibar and 3 hours late returning to Nairobi, on both occasions it was down to "technical problems" - they are anything but precise ! BUT that didn't deter in anyway from the holiday we had.
The accommodation we had was roomy, clean with a mahossive bathroom stocked daily with the usual toiletries, the maids came twice every day, once to clean and make up the beds and the other to turn the beds down, draw the mosquito net and turn the lamps on - nice touch !
The gardens around the accommodation were beautiful and excellently maintained, the staff in the restaurants and bars kept them immaculate.
The staff themselves were some of the most friendly, helpful and smiley people I have ever met, they couldn't do enough for you. The kettle in our room had broken and was replaced almost immediately.
The beach was idyllic ! beautiful white sand and the bluest sea. When the tide goes out it can take the best part of an hour to walk to the waters edge and an hour back again, a definite recommendation is to TAKE PULL ON BEACH SHOES when the tide goes out there are hundreds of sea urchins (not pleasant to stand on).
There are loads of "BEACH BOYS" that stand on the beach, they can appear to be quite intimidating if your not used to seeing them, the reps will tell you not to have anything to do with them, especially the ones in yellow t shirts offering trips. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE REPS they call themselves "EDDIE MURPHY TOURS" - as we were only there for a week we just decided to do a 1/2 day trip to Stonetown. With the reps this would have cost 50USD each, with the beach boys it cost 30USD. You only have to pay a deposit and you pay the rest after the trip when they return you to the hotel. The only difference being that they pick you up outside the Hotel grounds instead of outside the reception area. The vehicle was air conditioned and clean, a perfectly english speaking guide met us at Stonetown and we did everything that was on the itinerary the rep had given us - do not be put off, barter with them, and put the money in the locals pocket instead of the hotels ! As for the other beach boys on the beach if you don't want what they are selling or don't want them to come with you on a beach walk you only have to be firm and tell them so, they do not carry on bothering you.
The food at the Pwani Beach was buffet style for all meals, of a high standard and good variety, I can recommend the salads, the pasta bar on an evening, and the omlettes made to order for breakfast. The cocktail bar list is extensive and they are in decent size glasses (for a change) I managed to get through quite a few !
I have no complaints at all and don't forget :-
TAKE BEACH SHOES
GO WITH EDDIE MURPHY TOURS
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar/Pwani Mchangani