We stayed here for 5 days as the end to our honeymoon after a safari. We were a little worried about the hotel because the hotel website isn't that great. We braced for what was to come, but the moment we pulled up to the hotel we were pleasantly surprised. It is an all-inclusive resort (which I normally stray away from) but it was nice not to worry about carrying around money. The rooms are nice, but not the nicest rooms I've every stayed in. I would recommend the spa, set up above the property overlooking the whole resort with another private pool and private treatment rooms. It is a bit overpriced though.
What really makes the Neptune Pwani special is the beach. I do not lie when I say this is the best beach I have ever, ever stayed at. First, the private beach area the hotel has is great because it has enough trees you can find your own shade if you need to. Second, the public beach is soft, soft sand, that leads into the most beautiful clear water, where you can walk out as far as the eye can see at low tide. Every once in a while a huge tour group takes up the sandbar at low tide but they don't stay for long.
The hotels two pools are also quite nice, and one has a swim-up bar.
And the staff is great. My husband accidently left his wedding ring in the bathroom and by the time our driver had turned around and he made it back to the room the cleaners were there, and they had saved his ring to give back to him.
Tip: Be sure you make reservations at the Pizza/Italian restaurant when you check in. It is included but books up and the buffets are just okay.
Also when we were there the gift shop didn't sell sunscreen, so make sure you bring enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar/Pwani Mchangani