Having read many of the other reviews on the Next Paradise Resort, I should like to start with two general points.
Firstly, NP is in Zanzibar. Zanzibar is in Africa. Very sadly Africa is poor. There are sights and sounds around the resort and certainly around Zanzibar itself which, quite correctly, could distress the less seasoned traveller. Try not to let it put you off. In general the people are very friendly, open and so curious. My wife and I spent a little while watching a local village football match surrounded by all ages and answering questions on subjects as diverse as our favourite football teams and snow! (Our photos of snow were very well received).
Our tourist £s must help. There is precious little other industry on the island and without our holiday money what would the barmen, waiters, cleaners & drivers do?
Secondly NP does not purport to be a 5* hotel. It is a boutique resort. If you wander onto the resort's beach (cleaned and tidied daily - other hotels please take note) and turn left or right within a few hundred yards you'll find hotels with more (and larger) pools (than one) with more (and larger) bars (than one) with more (and larger) restaurants (than one) with facilities for children, with various sporting activities and with 'night life'. If these are what you want don't stay at Next Paradise.
So, what does Next Paradise have?
It has tasteful, well designed, functional and well - cleaned rooms, with all the required facilities. We were fortunate to be upgraded to the honeymoon suite after two nights - which was a lovely surprise (Thank you, Stuart).
It has a small restaurant serving a simple breakfast (eggs, fruits and pastries), a good menu for lunch and a most excellent set dinner. The quite superb chefs prepare locally bought food, all fresh, and oh-so tasty. However, they are happy to prepare alternative menus; I am a vegetarian and was very well catered for.
But most of all it has a small, two syllable word, which should have a capital letter: Service. Service which is there at all times. But is inconspicuous. Stuart & his small team of willing staff are on hand - but never 'in your face'.
So, if you want to 'chill', chill here. If you want to smile, smile here. If you want to relax and eat good food - this is the place for you.
Now, we have to work for a year, to save up - see you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Next Paradise Boutique Resort sits on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of Zanzibar, facing directly the Indian Ocean and protected by the coral reef which is about one kilometer away.located only 45 minutes drive from Stone Town and 30 minutes from Nungwi and Kendwua, (the beaches of north) it is perfect place to organize excursions, spice tours, swim with dolphins, big game fishing, kite surfing , diving and snorkeling to Mnemba atoll. The charming small hotel is well known because of its sober elegance, the excellent food and especially for its intimate and quiet atmosphere. At Next Paradise you will find 16 fully furnished rooms all provided with air conditioning and sea view private verandahs. Our staff is always happy to offer individual attention to every single guest of the hotel. Whether you're looking to book your honeymoon or need inspiration for a romantic getaway, we have special offers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, T4B and Odigeo so you can book your Next Paradise Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Next Paradise Boutique Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Next Paradise Boutique Resort Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani