We stayed at Next Paradise for 3 nights in September and had a wonderful time. We had found the search for accommodation in Zanzibar quite difficult; it's hard to picture where everything is in relation to everywhere else (as a first time visitor) and the accomodation across the island is very expensive across the board, which adds a lot of pressure to 'get it right' and not spend lots of money on something disappointing.
Some points of note:
1) It is absolutely worth getting a beach bungalow, they are by far the best accomodation and the price difference is really insignificant compared with the leap in quality, location, space and furnishing that comes with the bungalow. We stayed in A2 (of 4), I would suggest this was the best one.
2) We took the transfer offered by the hotel. 40 Euros each way seemed expensive, but was absolutely worth the money. We were new to travel in Zanzibar and after the chaotic streets of Dar Es Salaam it was great to have a well maintained car, with driver and our name on a sign, to pick us up from Stonetown Ferry Port.
3) The grounds of Next Paradise are beautiful from the moment you pass through the main gate. Everything is beautifully maintained, even the parts that seem 'natural' are in fact carefully tended and cared for.
4) All the staff were excellent, with no exceptions. We didn't want for anything.
5) We loved that breakfast could be served on your balcony at no extra charge. The breakfasts were very, very generous, much more than we could eat. Lunch can also be delivered to your balcony / verandah; this was also excellent and well priced (lunch and a drink would cost you between 7 and 14 euros). You are fairly remote, but this isn't taken advantage of with overpricing additional food and drink.
6) Our worry with a resort was the potential 'crowding' of people around the pool / beach / loungers, etc. Nothing could be further from the truth; there are multiple little oasis of calm around Next Paradise, whether by the pools, in the gardens or on the beach itself, you will never feel that you are forced to share space with others.
Overall we had an absolutely wonderful time at Next Paradise, we really didn't want it to end. If you are looking at Zanzibar accomodation and struggling to decide where to spend (lots of) your money, we would highly, highly recommend Next Paradise to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Next Paradise Boutique Resort sits on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of Zanzibar, facing directly the Indian Ocean and protected by the coral reef which is about one kilometer away.located only 45 minutes drive from Stone Town and 30 minutes from Nungwi and Kendwua, (the beaches of north) it is perfect place to organize excursions, spice tours, swim with dolphins, big game fishing, kite surfing , diving and snorkeling to Mnemba atoll. The charming small hotel is well known because of its sober elegance, the excellent food and especially for its intimate and quiet atmosphere. At Next Paradise you will find 16 fully furnished rooms all provided with air conditioning and sea view private verandahs. Our staff is always happy to offer individual attention to every single guest of the hotel. Whether you're looking to book your honeymoon or need inspiration for a romantic getaway, we have special offers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Next Paradise Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Next Paradise Boutique Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Next Paradise Boutique Resort Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani