This hotel is situated in absolute heaven. We visited Zanzibar at the end of October 2012. I had booked the hotel almost 8 months ago with Stuart and he has been super helpful the whole time. In fact, our airlines changed our flight dates the last minute and Stuart had no problems with the change. He actually upgraded us for free on the first night since the suit we had booked was not available anymore on our new arrival date.
When we arrived at Zanzibar airport a driver picked us up and brought us to the hotel where we were greeted with fresh passion fruit juice (perfect). The first night we checked into one of the newly built private bungalows. Huge spacious room with its own veranda. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and nicely decorated. On our second night we trasferred to the Panorama Suite which we had booked originally. Although it wasn't as private as the bungalow, I still loved this room. The bathroom, open jacuzzi, ceiling dome and the terrace were just amazing. The room has all amenities safe, flat TV with international channels, hairdryer etc.
The hotel owners and staff are were really helpful. The beach is white sand and to die for. The complex has 2 pools and lots of private sunbathing areas. We would just lay on the beach all day and take long walks. You can also borrow free bikes from the hotel and on the low tide it can be really fun.
The hotel also booked us a trip to the Stonetown to walk around and a really nice snorkelling trip. Both are must dos. This is the best place to go as a couple or family, since its secluded I dont think it would be a great place to go and hang out with friends.
I think the only thing that was so-so was the food. The hotel had great reviews regarding the food so we had super high expectations. Since, there's nothing else to do around, you eat 3 meals at the hotel. And maybe because we are from the Mediterreanean and eat seafood all the time, we weren't as impressed as some of the other guests. The food was good but not extraordinary.
Next Paradise was really really the best thing next to paradise. I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Next Paradise Boutique Resort sits on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of Zanzibar, facing directly the Indian Ocean and protected by the coral reef which is about one kilometer away.located only 45 minutes drive from Stone Town and 30 minutes from Nungwi and Kendwua, (the beaches of north) it is perfect place to organize excursions, spice tours, swim with dolphins, big game fishing, kite surfing , diving and snorkeling to Mnemba atoll. The charming small hotel is well known because of its sober elegance, the excellent food and especially for its intimate and quiet atmosphere. At Next Paradise you will find 16 fully furnished rooms all provided with air conditioning and sea view private verandahs. Our staff is always happy to offer individual attention to every single guest of the hotel. Whether you're looking to book your honeymoon or need inspiration for a romantic getaway, we have special offers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Next Paradise Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Next Paradise Boutique Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Next Paradise Boutique Resort Zanzibar/Pwani Mchangani