We spent 3 nights at the lovely Next Paradise Resort in Zanzibar (October 2012).
The Deluxe Oceanfront room was wonderful and literally at the oceanfront! Just open the wood framed glass doors and you have your own seating area facing the ocean. There is an air conditioner in the room but the weather was beautiful so we barely used it. At night, you can fold open the glass doors and close the mesh covered wooden slat doors (you may have to struggle a little with it) so you get a little of the ocean breeze to cool the room.
I would definitely recommend this resort for couples as it's calm and romantic. Not ideal for kids or young people looking for a wild time as not much to do at the resort itself. However, they can arrange for scuba or snorkelling trips if you'd like.
The food was wonderful as well. Breakfast is buffet style with quite a good spread and dinner is a sit down 4 course affair. The menu is put up next to the bar and if there's anything you're allergic to or don't like, they will assist with substitutions where possible if you let them know by early evening.
The only 2 things I didn't particularly like were:
1. The bidet is placed in the shower area and I felt it very odd (probaby won't bother most people)
2. The minibar fridge in the room suddenly went crazy and started making really loud noises one evening (we just turned it off)
Be wary that there can be power cuts in Zanzibar so be careful if you're plugging in your camera or mobile phones for charging. If the power goes out, unplug your device or a power surge can damage it when it comes back on! The resort is well equipped with generators so you won't be in the 'dark' for long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Next Paradise Boutique Resort sits on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of Zanzibar, facing directly the Indian Ocean and protected by the coral reef which is about one kilometer away.located only 45 minutes drive from Stone Town and 30 minutes from Nungwi and Kendwua, (the beaches of north) it is perfect place to organize excursions, spice tours, swim with dolphins, big game fishing, kite surfing , diving and snorkeling to Mnemba atoll. The charming small hotel is well known because of its sober elegance, the excellent food and especially for its intimate and quiet atmosphere. At Next Paradise you will find 16 fully furnished rooms all provided with air conditioning and sea view private verandahs. Our staff is always happy to offer individual attention to every single guest of the hotel. Whether you're looking to book your honeymoon or need inspiration for a romantic getaway, we have special offers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Next Paradise Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Next Paradise Boutique Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Next Paradise Boutique Resort Zanzibar/Pwani Mchangani