We had a fantastic and very relaxing stay at Next Paradise! BRILLIANT!
The host Daniela is very friendly and helpful. The resort is located on a stunning and peaceful stretch of beach.
The rooms are fabulous - spacious, tastefully decorated and comfortable. We had a 'Double Room Verandah Seaview Room' - we loved the verandah and enjoyed pre-dinner drinks on our verandah every afternoon on the daybed / chairs.
The resort can book a host of activities - we did the snorkelling tour and it was fabulous. We saw heaps of different fish and then the tour guide took us to a nearby spot where we ended up swimming above and around a large pod of dolphins! The snorkelling was reasonably priced for a private tour - it was 40 euros per person if two people went, but another couple from the resort joined us so the price was reduced to 25 euros per person.
We were initially a little hesitant to book at Next Paradise due to the requirement to book half-board as we don't usually like to be locked in to meals. But this was not a problem at all - the dinner menu was four set courses every night but with the option to change ANY of the courses to anything on their menu - you just let the kitchen know your preference. The breakfast had good variety with a continental buffet and eggs cooked to order. We ended up enjoying lunch by the pool at the resort for the 3 days we were there to maximise our time on the beach and by the pool - the resort is in a fairly remote location and about 45 mins from Stone Town. There seemed to be some other resorts on the same beach that probably served food if you are after a change of scenery, and possibly some villages nearby with some little restaurants - but as we only had three days we didn't explore these.
If you are after a boutique resort in a stunning location, rather than a big impersonal resort, this is the place to book!!!
My only (very minor!) suggestions for improvement would be to have an outdoor lamp on the verandahs so you can read once the sun goes down, and perhaps some mosquito coils.
Saving tip for guests - You may wish to stop off at a convenience store on the way and pick up some bottled water, as the complimentary water provided is limited to one per person per day in the room, and one each with dinner. So saying, while the water for sale at the resort was more than convenience store prices, it wasn't overly expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Next Paradise Boutique Resort sits on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of Zanzibar, facing directly the Indian Ocean and protected by the coral reef which is about one kilometer away.located only 45 minutes drive from Stone Town and 30 minutes from Nungwi and Kendwua, (the beaches of north) it is perfect place to organize excursions, spice tours, swim with dolphins, big game fishing, kite surfing , diving and snorkeling to Mnemba atoll. The charming small hotel is well known because of its sober elegance, the excellent food and especially for its intimate and quiet atmosphere. At Next Paradise you will find 16 fully furnished rooms all provided with air conditioning and sea view private verandahs. Our staff is always happy to offer individual attention to every single guest of the hotel. Whether you're looking to book your honeymoon or need inspiration for a romantic getaway, we have special offers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, T4B, Tingo, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Next Paradise Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Next Paradise Boutique Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Next Paradise Boutique Resort Zanzibar/Pwani Mchangani