“our honeymoon in paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Next Paradise Boutique Resort

Save Saved
You added Next Paradise Boutique Resort to your Saves list
Next Paradise Boutique Resort
4.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Pwani Mchangani, Pwani Mchangani 3363, Tanzania   |
Offers & Announcements
january 2015
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Pwani Mchangani
London, United Kingdom
“our honeymoon in paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you are reading this review in the search for the perfect getaway for you and your partner then stop looking and start booking! we spent a long time looking for the picture-perfect place for our honeymooon and had very high expectations of next paradise based on all the great reviews and our expectations were exceeded in every way! we stayed in a beach front villa for 5 nights and then moved to a first floor panarama suite foor the next 7nights. for us 12 nights was perfect as we wanted to lie on a beach/by a pool and do very little, but there are trips you can take if you aren't like us. food-wise: delicious and portions are very generous! we had glorious sunshine every day, and not too many mozzies (though we very much appreciated the mosquito nets over the bed). we snorkled with dolphins which we loved, had a massage on the beach, private lobster dinner on the beach which you must do and took a fantastic sunset cruise. thank you to all the staff for making our honeymoon so perfect!

Room Tip: we loved our beach front villa as you could step straight onto the beach, but the panaramic had an a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Maribor, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I never write reviews, but now I need to share my opinion with future guests, who I believe will be as satisfied as me.
The place is very nice, quiet and beautifuyl decorated, The staff is very friendly, with big smiles on their faces.
Usually I do not like to eat sea food, but their chef prepairs such good sea food that I couldn.t resist it. We stayed there for one week and took two trips which were perfectly organized by the hotel. We went to stone town and blue safary and i would recommend it to everyone that goes there. I am really looking forward to another opurtunity for visiting this amazing place which is the closest thing to heaven i have ever experienced.

Room Tip: Beach front.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
nextparadise, Owner at Next Paradise Boutique Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest, We appreciate your kind comments about the hotel and would like to say that guest satisfaction is something that we take very seriously and feedback from our valued guests is something we appreciate.We are very glade,that you spend in Next Paradise Botique Hotel a wonderfull holiday. Thank you for your review
Kind regards
Marina Bozic Lanza
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed as a family group in August 2012 as a place to unwind and catch up on sleep after 8 days on Safari.
The hotel is about 1 hour from Stone Town and on the west coast which is regarded as having the best beaches. The hotel consists of several rooms all with private balconies or terraces located around a reasonably sized pool that opens onto the beach. We got a upgrade and ended up with 2 double rooms, ensuite and more chairs, beds, loungers (and even) a hammock than we could ever make use of - not to mention our own private bit of beach. The hotel is expanding but into a few more self contained family modules with their own pool.
The hotel was quiet, the staff very friendly and you do as much or as little as you want at the pace you want. A daily set menu is specified for the evening meal which you can then completely change if you want to.
The hotel is small and on one of the quieter strips of beach nestled between local villages. We had some local beach boys trying to sell their wares but this was far less of a problem than I have heard of in other places.
There are not many activities within easy reach so if you want to see the dolphins (in the south) or visit the other key tourist spots on the island you either need a vehicle or to get booked on a private tour. I thought these were priced dearly, half-day for a family of 3 for most activities was well over $100. To me this felt like a bit of a rip-off and we decided to make the most of the time just relaxing at the hotel.
Would highly recommend to anyone wanting a simple quiet time where food is high quality and the people are friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I'm struggling to find the words to describe how utterly fabulous Next Paradise is.
Before I begin, I'd like to say if you are looking for a lively or exciting hotel, this is not the place for you. It is a small, quiet hotel miles away from everything. But what it lacks in noise and party atmosphere, it more than makes up for in charm, ambiance and beauty.
My friend and I spent 9 nights here after volunteering in a Tanzanian hospital for a few weeks, and let me tell you, we could not have asked for a better hotel in which to relax and unwind! Our stay was absolutely fantastic from the minute we arrived til the minute we left.
We were collected from the airport in a lovely air conditioned car - greatly appreciated after a long day's travelling and sweaty airports! we were enthusiastically greeted on arrival with drinks, our bags were taken to our room, and we were told dinner would be served to us whenever we were ready - perfect! Our twin room was bright, airy and beautifully presented with pretty sheet decoration and fresh picked flowers. Again, air-con and a ceiling fan made the room absolute paradise after the conditions we'd been used to. We went quickly to dinner and were over the moon with the meal we were served - 4 delicious courses! usually atleast 2 of the courses each night involved freshly caught fish or other seafood, and i promise, it'll be the best fish you've ever eaten! truely amazing! The menu is written on a blackboard daily, but you can request someting different from the menu and the chefs will go out of their way to accomodate you. I thoroughly recommend the samaki (fish) mousse, it's delicious!
The next morning we were pleasantly surprised to find that there was no set time for breakfast, which suited us perfectly as neither of us were particularly early risers. Each morning the waiter/aitress would ask us if we would like any cooked breakfast items - sausage, bacon, eggs, ommlette etc. then there were pastry options such as croissants and pains au chocolat, which were lovely. there was also freshly cut mango, pineapple and watermelon which was always ripe and delicious, and their fruit juice was lovely. There were bottles of champagne available every morning also but we never had any so I couldn't recommend it.
Although lunch was not included in the price of our room, we found that the lunch menu was varied and fairly reasonably priced. i would also recomment buying the large bottles of water through the day, as they're better value and encourage you to keep hydrated - it's so HOT!
The restaurant and bar area of the hotel is all open air and very pretty with white drapes and animal designs, it really is a beautiful hotel. The pool area is fantastic, not a huge pool, but more than adequate for the size of the hotel, it was never too busy and there were always enough sun loungers.
The staff at Next Paradise were fabulous! Everyone went out of their way to ensure you were having the best time possible. On our 3rd day, the hotel manager Stuart approached us at breakfast, and asked if we would like a complimentary room upgrade! I didn't realise this kind of thing happened in real life! So of course we accepted and were moved to their family room, which consisted of 2 ajoining rooms with king size beds - fantastic! All of the staff were great, no request was too much trouble, the bar staff would insist on delivering your drinks to your room or your sun lounger, and we would have great fun at night when experimenting with their cocktail menu - very strong drinks! no mixer! buy a lemonade to dilute!
The excursion guy visits the hotel regularly after dinner time, and is very enthusiastic in helping you plan your trips arround the island - spice tour is a must!
To sum things up, I really couldn't recommend this hotel more. I had the most fantastic time there, and if I'm ever lucky enough to be back in Zanzibar, i wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Thank you Next Paradise!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
MarinaLanza, Owner at Next Paradise Boutique Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Lorraine.....
Greetings from Zanzibar .... thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel and our staff. We are pleased that you were happy and thank you for your opinion. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us so thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience on TripAdviser.

With thanks and warm Wishes,
and we hope to see you soon again!

Marina Bozic Lanza
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The moment we arrived untill we left we were mesmerized! It is a paradise! Nice rooms and surroundings. It has an excellent pool.

It is a real retreat, where you can relax and truly unwind!

The food was to die for! Sitting by the pool, you could see the fresh fish brought in for dinner. They had also nice entertainment at diner. You could also easely book tours at the desk. The owners are very friendly and try to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I hope to return soon!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Fantastic, Flawless, Without Comparison, There are many thoughts that come to mind when I look back on our trip to Next Paradise.

I would regard myself as someone who is reasonably hard to plese when it comes to Hotels. This place has got a really good dose of the WOW factor and I cannot describe it in a way that will not make me look like I am on the company's payroll.

From the moment you arrive, and meet Daniella, one of the most professional front of house managers I have ever met, you know you have arrived somewhere very special. Daniella and the owners Stuart and Marina work tirelessly to ensure that your every need is met sometimes before you had a need...!! The words No problem, and Absolutely are still ringing in my ears.

This trio and their very professional staff seem to be totally driven, and bring an element of calm to the resort that leaves you completely at ease and wanting for absolutely nothing.

The location, design andfurnishing of the resort is just superb, Stuart used to be an Architect I think and it is reflected in the way the place is built. In total harmony withthe surroundings the bourgainvilla strewn thatched roofs just completely romaticise the place. We had a panorama suite with split level bathroom complete with heart shaped jacuzzi and huge veranda overlooking the ocean and furnished with easy chairs chaise long, and a four poster bed which was turned down with rose petals at night etc etc.

Whilst we were there we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversay and Stuart set up a private screened dining area on the beach with garlanded seats and created a fantastic atmosphere for a very enjoyable celebration including a very special bottle of wine he brought back from Stonetown for us. (Thank You Stuart, and the cake was great too...!!)

On a day to day basis, the only complaint I would have is the food.... It is quite simply fantastic, and I guess I will be on a diet for the forseeable future. The variety of fresh foods especially if you like seafood is just fab. There is always a pasta course which reflects Stuart's origins and bar the spectacular surroundings if you closed your eyes you could immagine being in a very fine Italian retaurant.

The only way I could describe this place if I was restricted to 2 words would be "GO THERE"

Many thanks again to Stuart Marina and Daniella you made our trip very special, Best wished from Jim Carey Hannah and Conor

Room Tip: There are 3 new bungalows being built with their own pool with iommediate access to the beach. They...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My daughter chose Next Paradise for her Wedding venue. It was the biggest wedding party Stewart and Marina had catered for. What a day, the most relaxing wedding day I have ever known no stressing, we watched the wedding come together. The beach was transformed, with beautiful flowers and palm leaves. The food was out of this world and so beautifully presented. I would highly recommend this as a wedding venue.its a small intimate hotel, the rooms are clean and beautifully presented, the staff are friendly and helpful.
Stewart and Marina Made sure Sarah and Ashes day was certainly a day to remember nothing was to much trouble for them. Great value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
brugne, General Manager at Next Paradise Boutique Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
to organize a wedding is always very exciting and actually it was the first time we had such a large number of partecipants, Me and Marina were pleasantly surprised when after we exchanged several emails to define the event, we finally discovered at their arrival, that both the bride and groom and most of the guests are employed in the hospitality industry and want to say thank you to Sarah and Ash to give us the responsability to organize for all of you such an unforgettable event.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pwani Mchangani
Mashariki Palace Hotel
Mashariki Palace Hotel
#1 of 29 in Stone Town
5.0 of 5 stars 205 reviews

Been to Next Paradise Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!