I chose this resort purely from the reviews on Trip Advisor and it didn't disappoint one bit!
On arrival Flavio welcomed us with a cool drink which was much needed after our 17 hours of travelling, he completely made us feel at home and there was no question he couldn't answer. the staff here are incredibly accomodating.
The room was excellent - very large, and cleaned so well every day, they literally managed to remove every grain of sand.
The beach was perfect - at low tide you can walk right out to the reef where there are starfish, and other marine life (a local took us out and so we paid he $10 dollars- but i would go with a local as they know the best wading route out there, as it is a minefield of sea urchins)
at high tide you could swim, and in the evenings we would sit with a cool beer on the beach and watch people kite surfing.
There were a few beach boys but once you had been there for a couple of days they would recognise you weren't new and would leave you alone, you just have to be firm - and literally show no interest.
You can go to the other hotels for drinks/food, although they are much more pricey, and we loved the 'boats' at the bar you can sit and chill out in.
I was very apprehensive about the friday night party, but actually it was fun, it wasn't a 'rave', you didn't get 'hassled by locals' as someone had put in their review, it was fun and had a good atmosphere.
The food was good, not a massive selction, but we loved the pizza!
the food was a little slow coming out after ordering, but we weren't in a rush to get anywhere - so it didn't really matter.
Overall its a little snippet of paradise - i would much rather stay somewhere intimate like here rather than a large resort where you are one of a hundred guests.
i would recommend going to the south of the island to swim with dolphins.
All in all it was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is located on one of the most beautiful and unspoiled beaches of Zanzibar : Pwani Mchangani. The resort is surrounded by the lush of the spot, palm trees and bush, built just on the beach and so, except for the two single rooms which are on the back, wherever you are you can enjoy a wonderful sea view. A perfect place to chill-out. The resort is managed by international staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Waikiki Zanzibar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Zanzibar Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Waikiki Hotel Pwani Mchangani Mdogo
- Waikiki Zanzibar Resort Pwani Mchangani