We spent 2 nights here after spending a wonderful 3 nights elsewhere in Zanzibar. After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor on Waikiki, I was really expecting something amazing.
First of all the positives - the room was superb and the breakfasts on both days was excellent.
Sadly, the rest of our experience at Waikiki was awful. The food is bland and really poor. For an Italian run place, the pasta dish we got for lunch was just pasta in a watered-down tomato sauce. Moreover, long grain rice was used for the risotto!! All the fish dishes were overcooked and overpriced.
Sadly this was not the worst part! On Friday, there is a beach party which I thought would be on the beach outside the resort - but it was 10 meters away from my room!!! I could not sleep the whole night!
Overall despite the good rooms, I would stay away from this place. Pwani Mchangani is a wonderful beach but stay on one of the other resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is located on one of the most beautiful and unspoiled beaches of Zanzibar : Pwani Mchangani. The resort is surrounded by the lush of the spot, palm trees and bush, built just on the beach and so, except for the two single rooms which are on the back, wherever you are you can enjoy a wonderful sea view. A perfect place to chill-out. The resort is managed by international staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Waikiki Zanzibar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Zanzibar Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Waikiki Hotel Pwani Mchangani Mdogo
- Waikiki Zanzibar Resort Pwani Mchangani