We spent the last 4 days of our honeymoon in the Honeymoon Suite at Waikiki and our hut was a 10 metre walk from the beach with a lovely hammock on the front porch.
After an 8 day safari and 4 days in Stone Town, we were looking forward to laze around and relax and we got just that. Cold beers on deckchairs on the beach, canoeing to the reef or walking when the tide is out and watching the seaweed farmers.
The mzungi or beach boys can be a bit of a pain trying to sell you all sorts of tours however they leave you be if you show disinterest.
Diving or snorkelling at the nearby Mnemba Atoll is a must.
The choice on the restaurant menu is minimal, and since my wife and I dont each fish, and we were unlucky to be there during a chicken shortage, we were a bit limited in our choices, but what was served was always freshly cooked
Will definitely re-consider if we return to Zanzi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is located on one of the most beautiful and unspoiled beaches of Zanzibar : Pwani Mchangani. The resort is surrounded by the lush of the spot, palm trees and bush, built just on the beach and so, except for the two single rooms which are on the back, wherever you are you can enjoy a wonderful sea view. A perfect place to chill-out. The resort is managed by international staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Waikiki Zanzibar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Zanzibar Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Waikiki Hotel Pwani Mchangani Mdogo
- Waikiki Zanzibar Resort Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani