“TERRIBLE!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

234 East White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #12 of 17 hotels in Galloway
“TERRIBLE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the worst places i have stayed! The room smelled bad, carpet was stained, sheets and blanket were sticky and dirty, there was a cockroach in our room, the ceiling tiles in the bathroom were broken and falling out, and our soap dish was disgusting...nothing lile the pictures shown.

• Stayed September 2012

13 people have reviewed this hotel

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

The room wasnt dirty but it was too clean. The carpet dirty with crumbs. I could not breath the entire time i was in the room because it smelled like someone just smoked 100 cigarettes in there. I barely slept, every hr i had to get up to open the door so i wouldnt pass out. Bed was so hard also. Overall if the smell wasnt present would have gotten a better review. And they need new bed and sheet...there was holes in the and cigarette burns.

• Stayed February 2012
Oakland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011 via mobile

The website made me believe that this was a new property, opening special, etc, photos of rooms looked nice, etc. However it's just under new management, my room looked nothing like the pictures on website. Carpet is stained, matress is saggy, no coffee machine like it says there is, no shuttle to Atlantic city offered like website says. Overall dated, tired, old and dirty.

• Stayed December 2011
Takoma Park, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Just a word of caution so you don't wind up in a similar predicament: I booked three nights two weeks prior to travel, but then plans changed. I canceled 10 days before we were scheduled to arrive yet lo and behold, the full amount was taken out of our account, even after receiving a cancellation confirmation in the mail. I am still (as we speak) trying to resolve this. Even though the policy clearly states to cancel 48 hours prior (which we did), we were billed. So be sure that you're only booking if you're for sure planning on staying (or that you have discretionary funds available). They refunded all but $10. The $10 is a "fee" they charge for any weekend cancellations. So if you planned to go there for the weekend and had to cancel, there is a $19, BUYER BEWARE. Again, book at your own peril and be sure you really intend to travel those days. Canceling in advance does not guarantee that they won't charge your account, and weekend cancellations will cost you $10, no matter how far ahead you cancel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

The hotel is located close to shopping malls and just in front of bus stop so you can get in 30 minutes to Manhattan. There are computers in the lobby for hotel's guests - free of charge. Room I stayed in has separate bedroom and living room. There was A/C, but quite noisy - I had to turned it off during the night. There was also a fridge, tea and coffee maker. The room was quite old and it could be refreshed soon. The breakfasts were poor - only eggs, some toast, jam, tea and coffee, but if you are still hungry - there were many restaurants around.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

This place is incredibly ghetto. The room smelled bad. The furniture looked like it was pulled off the curb. There were no floor towels for the bathroom. The soap/shampoo were the cheapest things brands I've ever seen.

Worst of all, when we got the hotel, we asked for a room with two beds. They had multiple empty rooms with two beds, but claimed a $20 surcharge for this room. We noted to the manager that the chart on the wall indicated only a $5 surcharge for two beds (btw. never in my life have I had to pay a surcharge for two double beds instead of 1 king size bed in a hotel).

He in turn stated that the surcharge was because it was the weekend. When we complained, he said that he didn't have any 2-bed rooms left anyway. So, we walked to our room, on the way, we saw 2 empty rooms with 2 beds. We told the manager, he said the price was $20 and would not negotiate lower. We paid because it was my boss and me, and we weren't going to suck it up and sleep two-guys in one bed.

Hotwire said they will look into this issue and said it will take 7-10 business days!!!! what? I complained loudly.!!!!

• Liked — nothing. It was horrible!
  • Disliked — Getting charged an additional $20 for two double beds vs. a single king size bed
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for one night over Memorial Day weekend. We "Pricelined" for an inexpensive hotel, and this is the place that accepted my offer.

The small hotel was quiet and clean. The room itself shows its age - the ceiling was painted with gold glitter mixed in with the paint, the vanity area had painted plywood as a front veneer, and the bathroom is in serious need of re-caulking. Even given the cosmetic issues, the room was clean and comfortable. I'd say that it acceptable for the price I paid, but certainly NOT for the full rack rate advertised on other travel sites or by calling them directly.

What saved this hotel from getting a lower review was the staff. At check in, they accepted my voucher from Priceline without delay, and ensured that the room they placed us in would be acceptable. The woman checking us in was so polite and kind, and wished us a nice evening (with a genuine smile). It was certainly welcome after a 9-hour drive!

The best part is that there were two tiny stray kittens that were living behind the soda machine. They were so precious, but obviously feral (as they were afraid of humans). Upon our late-night return from the Boardwalk, we noticed that a small bowl of water, a can of wet food, and a handful of Meow Mix had been left for the kittens. I had to smile, because it was obvious that the hotel staff / owners had adopted them as the "mascots".

All in all - a good stay, and a decent price.

• Liked — The staff was welcoming and very friendly
  • Disliked — The rooms were in need of upgrade and repair.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Budgetel Inn & Suites Atlantic City? Share your experiences!