“Excellent Greek food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Thomson, Ga USA
“Excellent Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went here for lunch, the ground lamb gyro was excellent, service was attentive, and the price was nice.

Visited May 2013

92% Recommend
“Cozy, authentic and lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I rarely write reviews but felt the most recent review did a disservice to this lovely little restaurant. We went for a family dinner last Saturday (May 4th, 2013) with our kids, and it was great. The service was friendly and attentive, the food was delicious (the hummus was a favorite). It was quiet for a Saturday with only a handful of tables occupied, presumably because it's before Memorial Day. I hope they get busy during the main season because they deserve to do well. I would highly recommend it as a casual, cozy, authentic place for dinner. If only we lived closer...

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naperville, Illinois
“Too busy to seat us”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I showed up on a Sunday at 630pm before they closed at 800pm. The door was locked but there were people inside. We knocked for a while until staff finally let us in the dining room. After a lame hello they said it would take 15 minutes to seat us. There were numerous tables open and it did not appear they were too busy. It smelled great and I wish I could have tried it but I did not feel welcome to stay. Maybe I will give it another try this week.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vermont
“read, relax, enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had dinner here based on Trip Advisor reviews. T.A. reviewers come through again. Thanks.

It was a week night, perhaps a slow time of season. They weren't very busy.

We were promptly greeted by our friendly waiter who took excellent care of us. My wife had the chicken kebob, I had Nickolas Calamari. Both dinners were substantial. The calamari description on the menu just lists 4 ingredients (besides the pasta), but the flavor was unbelievably good. Wow, if I could only cook like that.

The pace was relaxed, some might think slow. Perhaps that's typical of a good Greek dining experience. We found it just fine as we were winding down after a day's driving. We sipped from a bottle of wine we brought (byob) and enjoyed a great dinner.

• Visited April 2013
Blairstown, NJ
“Great food even on a off night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went here on 3/24 armed with a great bottle of wine and eagerness for Octopus. The waiter (I'm pretty sure he was one of the owners) was gregarious and friendly. We ordered the Grilled Octopus as a starter and my wife ordered the Kleftika and I the baked whole Branzini with sides of spinach and rice pilaf. After pouring our wine and bringing Pita and Olive Oil we sat chatting and enjoying our wine. After what seemed an hour we had to ask about the Octopus of which he had forgotten to order. After that everything flowed smoothly. The Octopus with the ? Greek slaw? was delicious. My wife's Kleftika was outstanding, what flavors, and my Branzini was very good. I commented to the waiter that he was a one man band as he was the only waiter working the floor. Come to find out that two workers had called out sick that day and he was at his wits end. As and apology for the wait he brought us each a piece of Baklava sooo sweet and light. I will return here again and this time I'll get the Kleftika!!

• Visited March 2013