“Horrible !!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
New York City, New York
“Horrible !!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

At the reception smells very bad cats urine ! The rooms are horrible, we've been asking for a non smoking room and inside was a terrible cigarettes smell! The pillow cases were dirty, there was hair in the bad! Don't dtay there! The rooms are very stinky! The smell is horrible... You can still feel it 2 days after leaving! Thanks god we stayed just couple of hours, we couldn't rest....don't stay there! Is dirty and very very bad smelling!!!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Loredana A

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Horrible, horrible, horrible!! The worst place i have ever stayed. It cost too much money a week. Their customer service skills suck. Very rude to their customers. If you are waiting for important mail, they wont give it to you. They charge extra 50 a week for housekeeping even if you clean your own room and when you let them clean your room they do a crappy job. You can have a family of four in the room and they will only give you two towels. I could go on and on. Sleep in your car instead if this is your last resort. Better yet, sleep on the boardwalk. You would get better customer services there than this dump

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank S W
North Babylon, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

First off, the address is incorrect on the website. The front desk is absolutely no help and barely understood English. The room was so dirty and the bathroom looked like a gas station bathroom. There was grease on everything, no cookware ( not that I'd cook here it's so dirty!). They charged $30 per nite for my dog... Who they made us change rooms because they said my dog was going to mess up the room. My dog is cleaner than the room! The beds were dirty. Had to go to target and buy bedding! I would never recommend to stay at this hotel... Even if it was for free!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Jharnos77
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed here for one night as a last resort and I regret it immensely. I would rather sleep in my car next time. First of all, we asked for a nonsmoking room and the room wreaked of cigarette smoke. The toilet had dried urine on it. The pillows were yellow. There was hair in the shower. Cobwebs in the bathroom. Discolored washcloths. Dirty floor. Nasty looking shower curtain, I took a shower with my undies and didn't pull the curtain because I didn't want it to touch me. I air dried after my "shower". When these conditions were brought to the office staff, she handed my friend 2 bottles of cleaning spray to clean it himself after she told him how she already paid "the lady" $6 to clean the room. This place is hands down the dirtiest place I've ever experienced. I wouldn't recommend it to my enemy's dog.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank jamaican_cutie33
Toms River, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The staff was very friendly, but everything else was a disaster! Yellow pillows, sticky gross floors, dirty toilet, blood splatter on the ceiling, and stinky..... Yuck! If you wanna save a few dollars and don't mind catching a disease then you should stay here!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Lxxperez
Lansdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We recently stayed here on short notice,so we did not really have much choice.The hotel could be so much better with just a little more attention to detail.The room was a basic efficiency unit with a fairly comfortable bed.We read the reviews and were leery on staying here,so we came prepared.The room itself is a decent size with a basic kitchenette.You have to provide your own utensils,nothing was included in the room.I have traveled extensively thuout the U.S and never have I seen this before(it should be noted in the hotel description)..How many people travel with their own pots and pans?
We turned down the bed and immediately noticed several hairs on the sheets,the sheets were laundered but there were numerous stains on them,The few towels provided were also laundered but had numerous dark stains on them.We brought our own sheets towels and kitchen utensils so we were OK.Pity the traveler that doesn't read the reviews.
It is a shame because all of these things are easily rectified with little money outlay on the owners behalf. Better housekeeping also would help,the one visit by the maid came at 5:15 PM,after we were gone all day.I guess it"s true,BUYER BEWARE

Room Tip: It appears that the owners are recently from another country,maybe this is quality acomodations in t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank 990kevin
Mays Landing New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The room looked ok at first glance. The first night we were so tired that we didn't notice everything wrong until the next evening when we got back to the room after a long day. We noticed they had a mini shampoo bottle that was used by someone in the bathroom. The alarm clock was dirty and had a hole in it. The floors weren't very clean looking. The toilet didn't look good either. The stove had rusty tin foil under the burners and a knob was broken. The cofffee pot was too flithy to use.two chairs were broken. Something was spilled by the tv and not cleaned up. The smoke alarm was covered by a plastic bag for some strange reason. Well I found out that they don't have an actual housekeeping staff. The owners wife does the cleaning. You would think it would be even cleaner !! WRONG!!! The towels didn't smell clean or even like they were washed with detergent. They had rules that I've never heard of in another hotel. I can't remember them all but two do stick out in my mind. First, if you stay for a week, you are not entitled to the free breakfast they offer. Second, and this one made me laugh. After you have the room key for 10 minutes, there is no refunds! Makes you think how many other people changed their mind!! Another thing I didn't like is the walls are paper thin and you can hear what is going on in the rooms next to you. Positive things, not that they mattered with everything else. One good thing is that I didn't see any bugs what so ever which surprised me. The refrigerator and microwave were clean. Although we didnt use them. The greatest thing was that they did refund us the five days we had left. It would be a nice place if they would maintain it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
Relax Inn
Relax Inn
#7 of 18 in Galloway
3.5 of 5 stars 101 reviews

Been to Studio Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!