“Believe most reviews” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Lansdale
“Believe most reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We recently stayed here on short notice,so we did not really have much choice.The hotel could be so much better with just a little more attention to detail.The room was a basic efficiency unit with a fairly comfortable bed.We read the reviews and were leery on staying here,so we came prepared.The room itself is a decent size with a basic kitchenette.You have to provide your own utensils,nothing was included in the room.I have traveled extensively thuout the U.S and never have I seen this before(it should be noted in the hotel description)..How many people travel with their own pots and pans?
We turned down the bed and immediately noticed several hairs on the sheets,the sheets were laundered but there were numerous stains on them,The few towels provided were also laundered but had numerous dark stains on them.We brought our own sheets towels and kitchen utensils so we were OK.Pity the traveler that doesn't read the reviews.
It is a shame because all of these things are easily rectified with little money outlay on the owners behalf. Better housekeeping also would help,the one visit by the maid came at 5:15 PM,after we were gone all day.I guess it"s true,BUYER BEWARE

Room Tip: It appears that the owners are recently from another country,maybe this is quality acomodations in t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mays Landing New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The room looked ok at first glance. The first night we were so tired that we didn't notice everything wrong until the next evening when we got back to the room after a long day. We noticed they had a mini shampoo bottle that was used by someone in the bathroom. The alarm clock was dirty and had a hole in it. The floors weren't very clean looking. The toilet didn't look good either. The stove had rusty tin foil under the burners and a knob was broken. The cofffee pot was too flithy to use.two chairs were broken. Something was spilled by the tv and not cleaned up. The smoke alarm was covered by a plastic bag for some strange reason. Well I found out that they don't have an actual housekeeping staff. The owners wife does the cleaning. You would think it would be even cleaner !! WRONG!!! The towels didn't smell clean or even like they were washed with detergent. They had rules that I've never heard of in another hotel. I can't remember them all but two do stick out in my mind. First, if you stay for a week, you are not entitled to the free breakfast they offer. Second, and this one made me laugh. After you have the room key for 10 minutes, there is no refunds! Makes you think how many other people changed their mind!! Another thing I didn't like is the walls are paper thin and you can hear what is going on in the rooms next to you. Positive things, not that they mattered with everything else. One good thing is that I didn't see any bugs what so ever which surprised me. The refrigerator and microwave were clean. Although we didnt use them. The greatest thing was that they did refund us the five days we had left. It would be a nice place if they would maintain it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Edgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I strongly recommend this hotel, for 1 night, 2 nights, 1 week or more.
The team knows what "service" means.
Very warm welcome, we felt like home.
Price is very attractive and competitive...but we will go back there just because the way the team welcomed us.
Hotel is brand new and rooms are very clean.
Do not hesitate. Go there.
A&B

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

dirty sheets with hair lying around. Pillows are yellow and doesn't look clean. Carpet is grimy with stains all over. Bathroom is not functional. Stay away by all means. This is my worst experience ever.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Me personally this is the worse hotel I've ever stayed at. I felt bad for having my dog here. The floors look like they haven't been moped in months. The doors and walls just FILTHY. The kitchen sink was nasty. The stove nasty. The burners has foil under them. No pots, pans, eating or cooking utensils as you can see from the pictures. When I called the front desk and ask if they had pots and pans I was told "no". The refrigerator nasty. The bathroom FILTHY. Check out the picture and see what we found down the drain when we tried cleaning the tub. FILTHY, FILTHY, FILTHY. The towels were a brownish looking color. We were suppose to have a non smoking room but the room smelled of smoke. Cigarette burns all over the night stand. The covers and sheets FILTHY. There were spider webs up on the wall over the beds. The chairs to the table has all kinds of stains. If this room had not been prepaid there is no way in HELL I would have stayed here. We spent more money on sheets, disinfectant, cooking utensil, and other things to try and make our stay comfortable as we paid for the room. I've stayed at way more better places for the same price so I don't want to hear "you get what you pay for". I am surprise this place is still open for business. They need to be shut down for some serious cleaning issues.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else PERIOD!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Coventry, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Dirty sheets... Cigarette burn marks all over the furniture and sheets, pillows inside pillow cases were yellow and stained. Overall look was from the 80's. Bathroom floor coming up, they used the room as a storage space, there was an old gas stove with no burners sitting in the corner... CRT tv had lines accorss it. Front desk was gross. The space is about the size of a closet, thats also where the served the "breakfast", which I wouldn't eat anything from there. Not worth the money!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for the labor day weekend. Booked it 2 days before we went. What works for this place is the location - only 10mins to atlantic city. It is a decent place for the price you pay , less than $100 per night. The place was clean, the sheets were clean. The rooms had microwave and fridge which was a great plus since we were traveling with an infant.
We booked a non smoking room and got one but our friends' got a non smoking room that reeked of cigarette smoke. The lady at the counter was new and had no idea of what she was doing , even managed to lose my papers for 5minutes before discovering them in her pile of papers! Check in was very slow as a result of her incompetency. Breakfast was stake muffins and bread but what else can you get at that price in this economy. I would recommend this place if you are on a tight budget. If you can afford something in the range of $150 give this place a pass.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Studio Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!