“DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL. FILTHY, FILTHY, FILTHY! See pictures” 1 of 5 stars

Studio Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   257 East White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #16 of 18 hotels in Galloway
Jersey City, New Jersey
“DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL. FILTHY, FILTHY, FILTHY! See pictures”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Me personally this is the worse hotel I've ever stayed at. I felt bad for having my dog here. The floors look like they haven't been moped in months. The doors and walls just FILTHY. The kitchen sink was nasty. The stove nasty. The burners has foil under them. No pots, pans, eating or cooking utensils as you can see from the pictures. When I called the front desk and ask if they had pots and pans I was told "no". The refrigerator nasty. The bathroom FILTHY. Check out the picture and see what we found down the drain when we tried cleaning the tub. FILTHY, FILTHY, FILTHY. The towels were a brownish looking color. We were suppose to have a non smoking room but the room smelled of smoke. Cigarette burns all over the night stand. The covers and sheets FILTHY. There were spider webs up on the wall over the beds. The chairs to the table has all kinds of stains. If this room had not been prepaid there is no way in HELL I would have stayed here. We spent more money on sheets, disinfectant, cooking utensil, and other things to try and make our stay comfortable as we paid for the room. I've stayed at way more better places for the same price so I don't want to hear "you get what you pay for". I am surprise this place is still open for business. They need to be shut down for some serious cleaning issues.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else PERIOD!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Coventry, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Dirty sheets... Cigarette burn marks all over the furniture and sheets, pillows inside pillow cases were yellow and stained. Overall look was from the 80's. Bathroom floor coming up, they used the room as a storage space, there was an old gas stove with no burners sitting in the corner... CRT tv had lines accorss it. Front desk was gross. The space is about the size of a closet, thats also where the served the "breakfast", which I wouldn't eat anything from there. Not worth the money!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for the labor day weekend. Booked it 2 days before we went. What works for this place is the location - only 10mins to atlantic city. It is a decent place for the price you pay , less than $100 per night. The place was clean, the sheets were clean. The rooms had microwave and fridge which was a great plus since we were traveling with an infant.
We booked a non smoking room and got one but our friends' got a non smoking room that reeked of cigarette smoke. The lady at the counter was new and had no idea of what she was doing , even managed to lose my papers for 5minutes before discovering them in her pile of papers! Check in was very slow as a result of her incompetency. Breakfast was stake muffins and bread but what else can you get at that price in this economy. I would recommend this place if you are on a tight budget. If you can afford something in the range of $150 give this place a pass.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I booked this room specifically asking for a NON smoking room. The smoke stench was enough to make you sick. There were cigarette burns on everything-linens, table, bathroom vanity, bathtub, toilet, kitchenette counter, kitchen shelving (no doors) floors & rug. There was an ashtray on the table. When I asked the owner why there was an ashtray in a non-smoking room he said "they smoke anyway". A worker came in & sprayed some air freshner thinking he could cover the stench up. Of course it did not work. I was told to "open the window". No amount of fresh air would ever help. This room was "pre-paid" & the owners said there were no others available or clean. I asked if I were ever to return to a NON smoking room what the cost would be. Within 15 minutes I was told-3 different prices. The first price was the same as the internet price-the last price being $10 more than the internet price. I said I would call IF I WANTED a room. Several weeks later one owner called my phone (at 12:30 AM) & wanted to know "if I was coming" she said "I gave her my card number & I had a reservation". I told her NO-I did not reserve a room-I did not call her. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who is a non-smoker. I would also recommend keeping a close eye on the financial end of these hotel owners.

Room Tip: Be persistant as to your room type-accept no less
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

Everything they offer on their site is a lie. I paid 400 for a week and was told we cant eat breakfast which is stale muffins. They charge you for anything they say is free. I got charged for internet and cant even use it because its blocked. The owners are very rude and slow paced. The so called security guard is stoned off his butt all day and stalks you if you step foot out of your room. House keeping doesnt even knock they just rudely barg into your room and stare at you asking if you need service with an attitude. They have a hot plate and mini fridge and no cooking utensils to use. You have to pay them top dollar to use their dollar store cookware. This place is a scam worst place ive ever spent money on. I wouldnt recomemd this place to my worst enemy. I am glad we are leaving. I will pay less money have a jacuzzi and be treated better at any other hotel on this street.

• Stayed August 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010 via mobile

It says on the site you get room service everyday if wanted. Well the one day we left and we needed fresh towels and came back and our room hadn't been touched. The kitchen has nothing to kick in must buy everything your self. The one lamp was broken and the other lamp had a broken bulb. It took the one lady 20 mins to check us in and you could hardly understand it. Its nice if you will only be there a night otherwise not reccommendeed

• Stayed August 2011
Philly, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

The rooms are roomy. The staff are very attentive and respond quickly. It isn't the accomodations we are used to, but this was the best and closest to AC we couldn't find for valentines day weekend.

The bathroom could use remodeling/renovating. For $20 pr night, it was fine.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Studio Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!