“You get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 stars

Studio Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   257 East White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Rockville, Maryland
“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for the labor day weekend. Booked it 2 days before we went. What works for this place is the location - only 10mins to atlantic city. It is a decent place for the price you pay , less than $100 per night. The place was clean, the sheets were clean. The rooms had microwave and fridge which was a great plus since we were traveling with an infant.
We booked a non smoking room and got one but our friends' got a non smoking room that reeked of cigarette smoke. The lady at the counter was new and had no idea of what she was doing , even managed to lose my papers for 5minutes before discovering them in her pile of papers! Check in was very slow as a result of her incompetency. Breakfast was stake muffins and bread but what else can you get at that price in this economy. I would recommend this place if you are on a tight budget. If you can afford something in the range of $150 give this place a pass.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I booked this room specifically asking for a NON smoking room. The smoke stench was enough to make you sick. There were cigarette burns on everything-linens, table, bathroom vanity, bathtub, toilet, kitchenette counter, kitchen shelving (no doors) floors & rug. There was an ashtray on the table. When I asked the owner why there was an ashtray in a non-smoking room he said "they smoke anyway". A worker came in & sprayed some air freshner thinking he could cover the stench up. Of course it did not work. I was told to "open the window". No amount of fresh air would ever help. This room was "pre-paid" & the owners said there were no others available or clean. I asked if I were ever to return to a NON smoking room what the cost would be. Within 15 minutes I was told-3 different prices. The first price was the same as the internet price-the last price being $10 more than the internet price. I said I would call IF I WANTED a room. Several weeks later one owner called my phone (at 12:30 AM) & wanted to know "if I was coming" she said "I gave her my card number & I had a reservation". I told her NO-I did not reserve a room-I did not call her. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who is a non-smoker. I would also recommend keeping a close eye on the financial end of these hotel owners.

Room Tip: Be persistant as to your room type-accept no less
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

Everything they offer on their site is a lie. I paid 400 for a week and was told we cant eat breakfast which is stale muffins. They charge you for anything they say is free. I got charged for internet and cant even use it because its blocked. The owners are very rude and slow paced. The so called security guard is stoned off his butt all day and stalks you if you step foot out of your room. House keeping doesnt even knock they just rudely barg into your room and stare at you asking if you need service with an attitude. They have a hot plate and mini fridge and no cooking utensils to use. You have to pay them top dollar to use their dollar store cookware. This place is a scam worst place ive ever spent money on. I wouldnt recomemd this place to my worst enemy. I am glad we are leaving. I will pay less money have a jacuzzi and be treated better at any other hotel on this street.

• Stayed August 2011
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010 via mobile

It says on the site you get room service everyday if wanted. Well the one day we left and we needed fresh towels and came back and our room hadn't been touched. The kitchen has nothing to kick in must buy everything your self. The one lamp was broken and the other lamp had a broken bulb. It took the one lady 20 mins to check us in and you could hardly understand it. Its nice if you will only be there a night otherwise not reccommendeed

• Stayed August 2011
Philly, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

The rooms are roomy. The staff are very attentive and respond quickly. It isn't the accomodations we are used to, but this was the best and closest to AC we couldn't find for valentines day weekend.

The bathroom could use remodeling/renovating. For $20 pr night, it was fine.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
draconda666
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

everything was good until i got to the room and looked in the kitchen cabinet and there was nothing in the cabinets. i had to buy paper plates,and pots and pans. i had to ask for pot from the front desk, which was disgusting. If you are gonna advertise a kitchen you need to supply the dishes, utensils. This is the first place with a kitchen but no dishes, utensils, not even napkins. I was disappointed, i came with my wife and my 6 month old son. No swimmig pool.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2008

We found this hotel on the internet because we were looking for a dog-friendly place to stay during our drive through coastal New Jersey. While the owners were "pet-friendly" at least in name (they took the dog for a $30 per night fee) they need to be a bit more "people-friendly." Management also has that tendency to nickle-and-dime the customer (for example, charging $3.18 for "free" wireless internet). The suite had a full kitchen, but no utensils nor kitchen gear - not even a napkin or a fork - that had to be "borrowed" for a deposit of $70. There are dozens of economy hotels in the area, so there have to better choices.

Stayed April 2008

Been to Studio Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!