“Bad, bad, bad.” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   304 East White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
“Bad, bad, bad.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

First off, I had to laugh at the comment about the hookers in another review, as I did see it first hand. Here is what I found: water stains from whatever flooding on the baseboards, threadbare sheets haphazardly thrown on the bed, garage sale furniture(I kept expecting to see Danny Devito pop out of the chair a la It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia ). Cigarette burns all over the place, prostitutes, front desk trying to scam( used a site to get room). Sad thing is, I passed up a room about 10 minutes further from AC, but clean and safe, for this crap. GO ELSEWHERE! You WILL thank yourself.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here Columbus day weekend while visiting Atlantic city casinos. The property is very well maintained. The front desk people were very cooperative and helpful as I arrived without a reservation. The room was airy and the bed comfortable. Noise was not a factor. Aperfect place to stay in reasonable proximity to casinos.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Checked in no blanket on bed two pillows on king asked for blanket pillow told us our problem. TV. Broke wall paper coming off wall lamp shade falling apart. Hookers renting rooms out management was going in and clean for girls before next john arrived. Could smell crack smoke two rooms down. End of walk door open night management was smoking weed place needs to be shut down got room from exspedia called them got money back check out went next door to econolodge clean great room management very nice

• Stayed September 2013
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This motel is sandwiched between so many other motels so keep driving/Internet searching! Room was decent enough, not super clean. Management was very polite but shady! Internet says one price then they charged me another. Website says check out is 12 but when I got down to the office they already charged me for the next night bc "checkout was 11". Then all of a sudden the rate had changed and became more expensive than any other motels on that road! Then got a phone call to haggle prices. I'm on vacation I want clear cut answers and the best for my money. This place is not it! Best Western saved my trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I checked in the Sunday before Labor day out of desparation and regretted every second.
The manager bragged how new and clean the rooms are. What a lie, I have never stayed at such a filthy, dated hotel in my life. He continued to lie and told me he owned several chains in the area and they are all sold out. The only reason I stayed was that I was so tired I couldn't drive much further.
There are much better hotels in the area and better priced. Just keep driving.
Victor

Room Tip: I learned that before checking in you can ask to see a room. Next I will do that for sure.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in some places that were not of the best accomidations but this place is by far the WORST!

There was no toliet paper, dried blood all ove the bathroom floor. The tub was not cleaned in god knows how long.

They just had flat sheets throw on top of the exposed mattress!

This place needs to be SHUT DOWN by the board of health!!!!

Disgusting, save your money do not stay here! I rather pay 150 or more to stay somewhere else.

This is really one of those places where you don't even get what you pay for!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Goshen, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Cheap and nasty. No hot water in shower. Everything was grubby. Bedspreads very old and felt dirty; sheets coarse, stained, grubby. Stains in bathroom, walls and floors dirty. Noisy from traffic and other guests -- anything people in room above did seemed magnified. I also felt unsafe. Did I mention no hot water in shower? Oh, I did. No alarm clock, no tissues.

On the plus side, Free wireless internet -- see bigger sign near TV. The staff/manager(?) seemed pleasant, although dismissive when I called at 4am to say someone was trying to get into my room and had been trying for some minutes. He said it was probably another guest making a mistake. (Yes, he was groggy having been woken up. I'd just been woken up, too -- but was not at all groggy, being anxious.) I should have called police, I guess, although he was maybe right this time since finally the guy stopped trying and went into another room. Also on the plus side, there's a service station with Dunkin Donuts next door. I didn't see any bedbugs or get bites (saw the other reviews...too late.)

Room Tip: Bring your own sheets and bedding, tissues, alarm clock. If you must stay here, consider it similar...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to America's Best Inn & Suites Galloway? Share your experiences!