“TWICE BITTEN........” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“TWICE BITTEN........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Even though many Trip Advisors gave Atrium Inn & Suites mostly poor reviews, I bullheadedly forged ahead and book a room, thinking it really couldn't be "that bad"; well I was totally wrong and you guys were right. So I'm left with asking myself, "Why didn't I listen to my fellow reviewers??" We were really very disappointed in this place. First off, the name is completely misleading!! We couldn't find an Atrium or anything that even looked like a suite!! ( I see where they have dropped the title suite off of the name of the place!) I have stayed with nicer Motel 6's, that I would rate higher!! Our room was nothing but basic standard with a very noise A/C window unit. Like a Dummy, I booked us for 4 nights at a cost of nearly $500.00!!! We could have used the same amount on a 4-day cruse to the Caribbean!! We would have gotten all the perks plus nicer tans and twice the fun. Please learn from my folly boys & girls!!!

Room Tip: yes it was supposed to have free wifi, but it didn't work!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
morristown, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I did not stay at this motel, but planned to until my trip got cancelled. As such I cannot comment on the rooms themselves. However, I can comment on the owner. I booked through a third party site that stated at booking it was non-refundable. Unfortunately, my plans changed and so I made an attempt to see if I could get some of the money back. The owner (Sanjay) helped me out and agreed to a full refund. I couldn't believe it!! As such, when I finally do make it to the AC area, I will certainly stay here (I'm not too picky either so as long as it is clean, I will be fine). These new owners are great and very kind too. Don't read too much into the negative reviews.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Ramsey, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I will have to say that based on some of the reviews I was relieved and pleasantly surprised by the room we stayed in this past weekend. The room was fresh and clean. There was even a free bottle of water, chips and some candy. Check in was a little perplexing. The office was dark and quite thourghly locked. There were two bells to ring for service. Ringing each of them several times eventually made the door buzz and I was able to enter. Checkin was brief and pleasant. There were no surprises concerncing the room rate or booking fees. Checkin was 3:00 PM or later and they have a firm checkput policy pf 11:00 AM. The room was quite the air conditioner functional and we had a nice rest. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went to stay here b/c it happened to be close to the airport. Stay was standard, everything was clean and well kept. The next morning i had to catch a taxi to the airport and the manager (who said he took over the motel a month ago) said he will guarentee me a taxi. Well turns out the taxi was going to come but a half hour late, which would have led me to miss my plane. The manager wasnt having any of that and he DROVE me to the airport in his own car. The guy was a saint and said that there were problems with the previous managment and he bought the place for himself to take it over and renew the motel. I have never had such thoughtful service even at some of the "more expensive" places I have stayed in. The place is quaint, in a quieter area and is well kept, I think its a good value, and the manager definitely won me over.

Room Tip: From what I could tell most if not all of the rooms had new tvs and working ac units. Otherwise ever...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Galloway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

For a $40 a night hotel, it is hard to find many faults. Ignore all the bad reviews if you simply want a bed for a night. The rooms were clean and the show and TV worked. For the price I paid, that's all I can ask for. If you are looking for a hotel with more amenities, this is probably not a good fit for you and you should go down the road a little further. If you want a place to crash for really cheap, this is a good spot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This was the absolute worst place I have ever stayed in. I think people who are on the run from the law stay there to change their hair color, rent a hooker for the night etc. I wouldnt walk on the floor without my shoes on, never got under the covers becasue I feared that bed bugs would be the least of my worries! I stayed one night out of desperation, and wanted to burn my clothes I slept in when I checked out! If you would like to take a walk on the wild side, and see americas most wanted and hear how prostitues make thier money this the place for you! Oh yeah and the best part about the whole stay was the room REEKED of smoke!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Atlantic City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

we stayed here for the weekend and 2 nights cost us $140 , it was clean but the room had weird smell . Thetoiletries were cheap. There was something wrong with the way the airconditioning was set up. We were willing to let that all go if only we could get some sleep. The first night you could hear people talking and almost every movement everytime the a/c shuts off for a minute. The second night it turned for the worse..woke up at 1am and someone decided to have a little party and we could hear everything. We tried to call the office to advise those people to turn the music down and that's when we found out the phone was dead!! used my cell and the person just said i will check it out. that's it. we couldn't sleep nothing was done . it was torture!!!! A couple of hours later they were doing the nasty and banging on walls and we called the office again..the person said i'll go check it out and hang up on me. This is the part where we were contemplating on calling the cops. It was a horrible horrible sleepless night , very traumatic . when we checked out we told the guy at the office about what happened and he just shrugged us off like we were talking to a wall, like those thin walls. we were so horrified and just left quickly ! no way we will ever come back!! plus the rate said $35 sun to thurs , it wasnt even offered to us we paid full price?pathetic!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Atrium Inn? Share your experiences!