“You get what you pay for, and thats not always a bad thing.” 4 of 5 stars

Atrium Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   204 West White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #7 of 18 hotels in Galloway
Galloway, New Jersey
“You get what you pay for, and thats not always a bad thing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

For a $40 a night hotel, it is hard to find many faults. Ignore all the bad reviews if you simply want a bed for a night. The rooms were clean and the show and TV worked. For the price I paid, that's all I can ask for. If you are looking for a hotel with more amenities, this is probably not a good fit for you and you should go down the road a little further. If you want a place to crash for really cheap, this is a good spot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This was the absolute worst place I have ever stayed in. I think people who are on the run from the law stay there to change their hair color, rent a hooker for the night etc. I wouldnt walk on the floor without my shoes on, never got under the covers becasue I feared that bed bugs would be the least of my worries! I stayed one night out of desperation, and wanted to burn my clothes I slept in when I checked out! If you would like to take a walk on the wild side, and see americas most wanted and hear how prostitues make thier money this the place for you! Oh yeah and the best part about the whole stay was the room REEKED of smoke!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Atlantic City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

we stayed here for the weekend and 2 nights cost us $140 , it was clean but the room had weird smell . Thetoiletries were cheap. There was something wrong with the way the airconditioning was set up. We were willing to let that all go if only we could get some sleep. The first night you could hear people talking and almost every movement everytime the a/c shuts off for a minute. The second night it turned for the worse..woke up at 1am and someone decided to have a little party and we could hear everything. We tried to call the office to advise those people to turn the music down and that's when we found out the phone was dead!! used my cell and the person just said i will check it out. that's it. we couldn't sleep nothing was done . it was torture!!!! A couple of hours later they were doing the nasty and banging on walls and we called the office again..the person said i'll go check it out and hang up on me. This is the part where we were contemplating on calling the cops. It was a horrible horrible sleepless night , very traumatic . when we checked out we told the guy at the office about what happened and he just shrugged us off like we were talking to a wall, like those thin walls. we were so horrified and just left quickly ! no way we will ever come back!! plus the rate said $35 sun to thurs , it wasnt even offered to us we paid full price?pathetic!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

Staff was friendly @ check in and room was clean and spacious for the price. Furniture was new but Mattress is so so & the TV is cheap. Room comes equiped with a Microwave & bigger ten average fridge However location & cheapness keeps it from being a "good deal". Keyed lock (big security issue) its location far west of the PKWY, Poor quality towels, very basic bedding & subpar toiletries are big draw backs.

If you are looking for a basic clean room and dont mind putting the chair under the door handle when you sleep this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
BELLWOOD,PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2007

We had a great time staying at the Atrium Inn. The wife and I were going to spend a weekend in Atlanic City just as a little getaway from the kids. We chose the Atrium since it was much cheaper than staying at one of the casino's and only about 10 miles away. The 2 day stay costs $130 including tax.(Friday and Saturday night) Not bad in my book. We arrived and found a very clean, new, and well kept room. The staff was friendly and pleasant making sure to let us know if we needed anything to let him know. The area has a Diner style restuarant about 1/10 mile away plus assorted pizza shops and grocery stores for the little items we all forget to take along. Getting to Atlantic City was a breeze. The Atrium is located along Rt 30 (White Horse Pike) in Galloway Twp. You leave the motel lot, turn right and in 15 mintues your there. I did read the other review and their comment about the thin walls is correct. I didn't hear anyone else's TV or talking but when the person(s) next door turned on thier shower I could hear that very clearly. A minor thing for me however. If your looking to stay at a clean place close to Atlantic City, you cant go wrong staying here.. My thought was the more i saved on my room, the more i could spend at the casino's (lol)

• Liked — low rate/close to atlantic city
  • Disliked — thin walls
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Clifton, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2007

We selected the Atrium Inn due to its proximity to Atlantic City and relatively low cost per night ($160 including taxes) and its appearance on its website. It was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. Compared to other hotels in and around AC, it was a more affordable rate. Our room had a small refrigerator and microwave, coffee maker and hair dryer which is more than one would usually get in such a hotel.

It is about a 20-30 minute drive to AC casinos which is a little bit further than what we thought after reading their website. But not bad.

The only real drawback was the paper thin walls. We got back to our room late and wanted to sleep but the folks upstairs arrived shortly after we did and decided to yuk it up. It sounded like they were in our room with us. We could hear their TV until the wee hours of the morning.

So, I would definitely recommend the Atrium Inn if you are a heavy sleeper.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable, nice amenities, friendly staff, fair price...
  • Disliked — paper thin walls...
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Atrium Inn? Share your experiences!