“horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Liberty Inn

You added Liberty Inn to your Saves list
Liberty Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   252 East White Horse Pike (Route 30), Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Brooklyn, New York
“horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was the worst place I have EVER stayed..No light bulbs in lamps..When we complained we were told they would have to order them..Pillows were filthy as were box springs. Bed spreads dirty with holes. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Middletown, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Liberty Inn is located 10 minutes away from Atlantic City. The hotel is a two story clean and recently renovated hotel with several rooms. Very comfortable stay at a reasonable rate per night.

The hotel is run by a family who is extremely helpful and caring. They truly cater to your every need. Anthony,his wife and father will do everything possible to make sure your stay at the Liberty Inn is comfortable.

The beds and pillows are very comfortable and I always sleep well when I stay here.

I have been coming to this hotel for years because of Anthony and his family. Also, the quality for the price can't be matched anywhere in Atlantic County.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor and be in the corner of the hotel itself
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Atlantic City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stay at the Liberty Inn a few times a month to get away. The hottubs are clean, beds are always fresh. The manager is very friendly and will help you anyway he can! Close to restaurants and Atlantic city.

• Stayed April 2014
Howell, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is a pit. I would expect to see this kind of hotel in a third world country. The rooms are filthy.The manager seems to think that people are desperate for a room and he does not have to do much. The room we given had stains everywhere from rugs to ceiling. Oder was terriable. Stay clear and sleep in your car if you have to. At least you know what was in your car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
acliberty, Manager at Liberty Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Respected Sir/Madam,

I would like to know which room did you stayed and under whom's name.
Because, I do not see you stayed at all at our property.
South Amboy, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

$129 a night - good, not great - on a Saturday. Mediocre room. Non-smoking room smelled like it had been a smoking room only two minutes earlier. Very musty. Hairs on pillowcases and between sheets. Bare bones everything. Refrigerator unplugged and awful smelling. Large, flat screen TV with apparently no channels until I called the front desk...this is how the conversation went, paraphrased for brevity's sake.

ME: I cannot find any channels. It seems like there's only one channel.
OWNER: There is trouble with the cable.
ME: Trouble with the cable?
OWNER: Yes. The man will fix it tomorrow.
ME: Well, I paid for a room with a TV and channels.
OWNER: (Sigh, grumble) You see that remote right there?
ME: Yes.
OWNER: Grab it. Hold it. Aim at the TV and press "3" and then "4"
ME: Oh, there you go!
OWNER: Goodbye! (abrupt hang-up)

Then, five minutes later, a call to our room...

OWNER: Hello, yes? You are a woman, right? There was only payment for two people staying there.
ME: No, I am a man. See. (I lowered my voice intentionally). I can sound like this if I want to.
OWNER: Okay, okay. You know, you aren't really entitled to any TV channels at all. Same at any hotel you ever go to, not just mine. You only get four walls and a bed.
ME: Yeah, okay, goodnight.

We were called in the morning again to see if we wanted to pay for an additional hour. We said no. We will never return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
acliberty, Manager at Liberty Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Respected Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your kind information.
Wish we could have help you out while you were here.
According to our Hotel Motel Policy (Same policy in every Hotel Motel in US) If you're not satisfied in the 1st 10 minutes of your stay, we could have gave you a complete refund.
We inform you personally with our policy the time you check in, we also printed on our registration card where you understood and signed. That is the reason every guest is given 1st 10 minutes to verify the entire room for a complete 100 percent refund if they are not satisfied.
Our whole Atlantic City Area is a seasonal business. And the rates are much cheaper compare to other franchised Hotels in the area. Atlantic City is $ 450 a night while our rooms are $ 150 the same night.
Please response at your convenience.
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Arrived early on Saturday around 10 in the morning, front desk manager was very friendly and let me check in early without an additional charge. Room was clean,32'' Plasma tv had infinity on demand. Had no odor of smoke and was larger then some of the surrounding places I have stayed in. Wawa is across the street, liquor store is a quarter mile away along with Dennys and a Dunkin Donuts, Goodfellows Rest. all within a 5 minute walk. This was not like a Hilton or Holiday Inn but I was happy enough upon leaving that I gave him a deposit for the following week. Hope this helps you travelers looking for an affordable clean convienent hotel the next time they visit Atlantic City. Front desk managers were so helpful and they had the best coffee I ever had besides Starbucks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Me and my wife planned to visit Atlantic city for a week and this turned out to be best place to stay. It was not so costly and the service were superb. Anthony was simply awesome. I will suggest everyone to live here when visiting Atlantic city or nearby places.
Thanks Anthony and team Liberty INN for making our trip memorable.
Jay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!