“Sleep in your car” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Liberty Inn

Save Saved
You added Liberty Inn to your Saves list
Liberty Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   252 East White Horse Pike (Route 30), Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #6 of 18 hotels in Galloway
Howell, New Jersey
“Sleep in your car”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is a pit. I would expect to see this kind of hotel in a third world country. The rooms are filthy.The manager seems to think that people are desperate for a room and he does not have to do much. The room we given had stains everywhere from rugs to ceiling. Oder was terriable. Stay clear and sleep in your car if you have to. At least you know what was in your car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
acliberty, Manager at Liberty Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Respected Sir/Madam,

I would like to know which room did you stayed and under whom's name.
Because, I do not see you stayed at all at our property.

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
South Amboy, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

$129 a night - good, not great - on a Saturday. Mediocre room. Non-smoking room smelled like it had been a smoking room only two minutes earlier. Very musty. Hairs on pillowcases and between sheets. Bare bones everything. Refrigerator unplugged and awful smelling. Large, flat screen TV with apparently no channels until I called the front desk...this is how the conversation went, paraphrased for brevity's sake.

ME: I cannot find any channels. It seems like there's only one channel.
OWNER: There is trouble with the cable.
ME: Trouble with the cable?
OWNER: Yes. The man will fix it tomorrow.
ME: Well, I paid for a room with a TV and channels.
OWNER: (Sigh, grumble) You see that remote right there?
ME: Yes.
OWNER: Grab it. Hold it. Aim at the TV and press "3" and then "4"
ME: Oh, there you go!
OWNER: Goodbye! (abrupt hang-up)

Then, five minutes later, a call to our room...

OWNER: Hello, yes? You are a woman, right? There was only payment for two people staying there.
ME: No, I am a man. See. (I lowered my voice intentionally). I can sound like this if I want to.
OWNER: Okay, okay. You know, you aren't really entitled to any TV channels at all. Same at any hotel you ever go to, not just mine. You only get four walls and a bed.
ME: Yeah, okay, goodnight.

We were called in the morning again to see if we wanted to pay for an additional hour. We said no. We will never return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
acliberty, Manager at Liberty Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Respected Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your kind information.
Wish we could have help you out while you were here.
According to our Hotel Motel Policy (Same policy in every Hotel Motel in US) If you're not satisfied in the 1st 10 minutes of your stay, we could have gave you a complete refund.
We inform you personally with our policy the time you check in, we also printed on our registration card where you understood and signed. That is the reason every guest is given 1st 10 minutes to verify the entire room for a complete 100 percent refund if they are not satisfied.
Our whole Atlantic City Area is a seasonal business. And the rates are much cheaper compare to other franchised Hotels in the area. Atlantic City is $ 450 a night while our rooms are $ 150 the same night.
Please response at your convenience.
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Arrived early on Saturday around 10 in the morning, front desk manager was very friendly and let me check in early without an additional charge. Room was clean,32'' Plasma tv had infinity on demand. Had no odor of smoke and was larger then some of the surrounding places I have stayed in. Wawa is across the street, liquor store is a quarter mile away along with Dennys and a Dunkin Donuts, Goodfellows Rest. all within a 5 minute walk. This was not like a Hilton or Holiday Inn but I was happy enough upon leaving that I gave him a deposit for the following week. Hope this helps you travelers looking for an affordable clean convienent hotel the next time they visit Atlantic City. Front desk managers were so helpful and they had the best coffee I ever had besides Starbucks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Me and my wife planned to visit Atlantic city for a week and this turned out to be best place to stay. It was not so costly and the service were superb. Anthony was simply awesome. I will suggest everyone to live here when visiting Atlantic city or nearby places.
Thanks Anthony and team Liberty INN for making our trip memorable.
Jay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Peak summer season long weekend we decided to travel Atlantic City for a mini vacation. I checked online with couple Hotel Motels and later on we booked at Liberty Inn in Galloway. Let me tell you the best thing for a new travelers who never been to AC. The manager Anthony, welcome us with a friendly smile, helped up with our luggage, direct us to next door Denny's restaurant with 20% off, gave us an easy direction to AC and gave us his business card incase if we get lost on our way to AC. Now these things are more than money. Our room was cool and clean. I did not expect amenities like big franchised cause you pay more to get all those extra things which you hardly use. Our room had big King size bed, extra towels, Fridge, 32'' Plasma TV and a Microwave which lots of Hotels does not have in their rooms. All these for the price of $ 79 on a Saturday long weekend night which you cannot beat in the area. For anyone who is a budget traveler, this Motel is the best of all. Thanks to the manager who made us feel like home.
We sure will recommend this place to all our friends and family.

Room Tip: Next time we will choose Hot Tub Jacuzzi Room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I got off the parkway and ended up there by chance.The management was very friendly and helpful.The rooms were clean enough,bring a towel and a blanket though both are very thin at the hotel. My MAIN problem was the mexicans that were hanging around on the staircases and hanging all over the balconies,most on cell phones.Two of them made my wife feel very uncomfortable when she went out to our car and they were oogling and calling her names in spanish.Very rude and loud even later on when we were trying to sleep a few of them were just "hanging out" in front of our window !! Basically,if this is allowed at this establishment I will not be back. THE MANAGEMENT NEVER WENT OUTSIDE TO ASK THEM.TO STOP HANGING. AROUND OTHER PEOLES WINDOWS/DOORS,or to at least to quiet down or.go.to.their own rooms. Very annoying. The place next door was better, Jourey End i think was the name?

• Stayed June 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

i will never come back! price is cheap, perfect. but i got us arounf 2 looking for a drink so i thought the office vending machine was my only way since the outdoor one only carried redbull. luckily the man was at the front desk but after almost near begging ke let me use it. so i went back to my room. i heard hustle and bustle and saw sunlight so i went back to the vendig machine for a snack. this time a lady came out and yelled 'didnt my husband tell yoy not till 9am we need sleep too' (he NEVER told me that! im an openminded symp and empathetic person and sincerely apolgized for waking them up. i suggested they put a note on the door or in the room explaining the hours to avoid a debacle like mine but she said 'this is my hotel dont have to put what i dont want to' well lady thats not my fault, or the nect persons. learn common courtesy, respect, manners, and custimer service. i will never be back. a little kindness goes so far and stays in your memory. shame this negative stay will also. dont let the price fool you! they signed up for a 24 hr job, get used to working it. FIRST AND LAST STAY!

signed,
hungey & thirsty at 8:05

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!