“Wha'ch expect?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Liberty Inn

You added Liberty Inn to your Saves list
Liberty Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   252 East White Horse Pike (Route 30), Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Norcross, Georgia
“Wha'ch expect?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This place is right off the garden city parkway which is great!
The price was 39.99 ( including tax ) not bad...but Wha'ch expect.
Old, terribly outdated..we had a handicapped room, which we very large, but they were
storing a small vending machine in the room? Refrig didn't work to well..
the bed, not comfy at all for the few hours I was there. But, at least felt like a teen on a date at a cheap hotel.
When trying to check out at 7am the clerk was a sleep in the back somewhere, she did get up to answer the doorbell...oops sorry to have waken you...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stay here all the time with my girlfriend,check in is quick and rooms are not bad for the low price.

• Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

The Front desk girl was very proffesional and nice the rooms was spacious and comfortable. I stayed here bymyself and it was relaxing and peaceful just how I wanted it to be

• Stayed May 2012
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

What makes me to stay, in this hotel is the friendlyness of the management. I have been staying in this hotel when ever I go to Atlantic City, and price is very reasonable, Mr.Anthony goes some extra miles in providing the services, even during busy times he used to get us room with out reservations.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
clifton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel... I should say motel on March 24th for an overnight stay only. Our main reason is to just have a bed to sleep in for a few hours. We did not want to take a two-hour drive home from AC so we booked this stay last minute.
We arrived at 6 pm and was greeted pleasantly by the man behind the desk. The check in was super fast. The motel office was nothing to write home about. There is a table for coffee and hot water. I am assuming that they offer free coffee in the morning. This is one of my first assumptions. He handed us our key and a card and said that it was a discount card for $5 towards our next stay at their place and it has no expiration. He also indicated that if we write a review about the hotel that there will be an additional $5 discount on our way. Read on and see if we are going to take advantage of this offer

Our room was on the first floor, near the front of the property. The room cost us about $80 from kayak.com The room looked clean at first but you notice little things later. You also get hit with the strong smell of smoke even though we asked for a non-smoking room.
The king sized bed was ok, The sheets looked clean and pressed. There were two king sized pillow that were poofed up. Once you put your head on it, it thins out to almost nothing. There is a huge wall mirror that doubles as your head board. Functional probably for some other folks.
There was only one thin sheet and the bed cover. I had to use the comforter I had brought along with me to get a little bit warm. I did not want to turn on the air conditioner/heater unit because I honestly don't feel confident that the air filters are clean. But that's just my speculation.
There's a flat screen TV that has two remotes: one for the channel and one for the volume. I only watched basic cable channels so I do not know if they have HBO or other movie channels. There's also a vending machine inside the room. Yes a vending machine but it's empty. The lights are fluorescent and may not be bright enough for applying make-up. There are two chairs and a round table inside the room, handy when you need to write a tripadvisor report on your lap top.
The entire bathroom is as wide as the room. It looked like a handicap bathroom but the door does not look like it can accommodate a wide wheelchair. Again that's me speculating. There is a sink but no countertops. There is a small shelf that was built into the wall beside the sink for your accoutrements. They provided a small plastic cup and a small soap. I did not take a shower because their towels looked thread bare and yellowish. So I cannot comment on the tub.
We got back to the room close to midnight and most of our neighbors are asleep. The only sound you can hear is the traffic from the outside and the occasional footsteps of our upstairs neighbor. I could not sleep because the bright lights from the hallway could not be totally blacked out by the blinds on the window. It was quite bright inside the room that I did not have to turn on the room light to get to the bathroom. When I finally was able to get some ZZZZs I was awoken by a loud noise from the upstairs unit. It sounded like they had pulled the drain from the tub. I was waiting for water to drip down the ceiling, when none came I went back to trying to get sleep. Morning came and finally it was the sun that shined into our room not the hallway light. I finally gave up trying to sleep because it was already 730am.

I rated this motel poor because for $80 on a Saturday night and just 15 minutes from AC, I had expected to at least have a decent pillow and the ability to have a dark room to sleep which I did not get. Also, because of the strong smell of smoke inside the room.
Service: average. The man was pleasant and gave us a discount card
Value: average: other area hotels on saturday night had a slightly higher rate ($10 higher)
The vending machine outside our room has soda only not water and it cost $1 in coins. It did not accept a dollar bill.
sleep quality: terrible The room was too bright at night, strong smell of smoke and pillow was too thin.
Cleanliness: Yellowish towels, dust on the chairs
Location: average: 15 minutes away from AC but you have to pay toll to get to AC
rooms: Poor: strong smell of smoke

Room Tip: may be more beneficial to get the second floor room furthest from traffic.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I always enjoy staying at this hotel when I go to Atlantic City.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a flat screen tv
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed at this motel this past Christmas week for 3 days. We also used the good reviews from other web sites as our basis. DO NOT BELIEVE THE REVIEWS. We booked thru Hotels.com and after we returned, the hotel used my name to post it's own review. I have contacted Hotels.com and Expedia (owner of Hotels.com) about this and one of their attorneys is working against this hotel right now.
The hotel is a dump. it took over 2 hours for the room to heat up from heaters that do not work properly. There was not even a blanket on the bed and the comforter had holes in it. If by some chance you would want to stay here be warned, that you need to bring your own towels, and pillows. The non smoking rooms stank from smoke and even had ashtrays on the tables.
Worst of all, on two of the days we were there, they came into our room without asking us, without telling us, just because they felt it was OK. We were told there would be no maid service because of the holiday wek, so we left out many things we normally wouldn't, and they came into the room while we were out to change the curtains.
Look, we did not pay a lot for this room, and we are far from fussy about many things, and we have stayed at several of the hotels on this strip, but this place committed fraud by using peoples names falsely, posting good ratings, when most people probably leave in disgust. If it wasn't Christmas week and most of the other hotels were booked, we would have left also.
Final word, never stay in this place. EVER. All reviews are false.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
#2 of 18 in Galloway
3.5 of 5 stars 19 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Comfort Inn Atlantic City North

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!