“It aint the Ritz” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It aint the Ritz”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I dont even want to really go into detail. Overnight last minute trip, price was low, couldn't find much else on a Saturday afternoon and we were arriving late Saturday night so we just needed a place to sleep. Close to A.C.

Inspected the room before we even checked in based on previous reviews. It was ok, kinda concerned when we pulled up people were in the parking lot hanging around. So to me it looked shady. Staff was very helpful and nice.

We really didnt stay more than 8 hours, got there went to Walmart and bought our own washclothes and towels, we refused to use theirs. Pulled the comforter off the bed and just kinda slept in my clothes and on top of the sheets. I'm sorry but I was just not used to a motel type.

Free Wi-Fi, no free breakfast, even if there was free breakfast we would have passed. If you are just looking for a place close to Atlantic City without frills, and to save a couple of bucks then ok, but otherwise even the Motel 6, Red Roof Inn look better than this.

Again the staff was great, that was the only saving grace I found. Hopefully they will read these reviews and take heed. Spend a couple of dollars and spruce up the rooms a bit more, especially the linen and they might have a chance of receiving better reviews.

Going back this weekend, but staying in AC on the Boardwalk. Get what I enjoy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I showed up to check in and there was not a single person there to help me. Some random woman that was cleaning rooms couldn't even tell me when he would be back because she couldn't speak english. When the man returned he told me that he in fact did leave her in charge. So after waiting a while in the parking lot where little kids were running around the entire time and running into cars with their bikes, we finally got to our room. There was pubic hair around the toilet and the towels were not washed, the comforter had a piss stain on it as well. Luckily I brought my own comforter and the toilet won't flush unless you take the top off the back and manually flush it. So its about midnight now and there is about 5 men outside still drinking 40's and being obnoxious while one of their wives yell at them from across the parking lot that develops into the 2 of them having a screaming match in their room which luckily for me was right under mine. I'm pretty sure he was beating her too because I could here yelling and it was BAD! So next morning before we go to the beach I tell the man what problems I had and to fix them, come back 5 hours later and no towels at all now, SAME COMFORTER, and toilet not cleaned or fixed. I said something they did not care at all. I asked for my money back they refused and I found a new place to stay. I'm telling you do not stay here, they really should remove it from even being offered on the site.

Room Tip: None, stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Galloway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

we booked last minute and the room was ready when we arrived and clean. planning another trip this summer and planning on using the hotel again. very reasonably prices. we wanted an affordable place to stay and we got it

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

BED BUGS!!!
I even took a picture! I saw it on the bad when i was packing my stuff to leave, didn't know what kind of bug it is, so i just took a picture of it to show them on the front desk. When i got home i showed it to my mom and she flipped out, because it was a life bed bug!!!
When i showed "manager" on the front desk picture of it, he just say im sorry and that next time he will give me better room!!
NOOOOOO, i would be never next time!!
too bad that i paid cash and never took a recite, do not repeat my mistake

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Mays Landing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Me and my husband stayed here for 2 weeks and it was the best motel i have ever stayed in. I have stayed in almost all motels/hotels on the white horse pike. The staff was extremely friendly and the rooms were very clean. The wifi signal was very strong my whole stay My husband is very picky when it comes to having a great bed but this bed was sooooo comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in Room 109, King Jacuzzi Suite. We were very impressed. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The jacuzzi tub was large and relaxing. There was also an abundant amount of towels. The office personnel are so friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend a stay at the Passport Inn!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

the rooms are old and dated they said that it included breakfast didnt see it....jacuzzi tub didnt work good.....bed was not comfortable ....the sheets were stained when we checked in....seem very old and basic for what we paid for...they need to lower their rate if they goin to stay in business

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Passport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!