“Great stay for the $$$” 4 of 5 stars

Journeys End Motel
Save Saved
You added Journeys End Motel to your Saves list
Journeys End Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205 (Formerly Budget Host Inn)   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Cresson, Pennsylvania
“Great stay for the $$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Nice, clean, & comfortable.. Very nice office staff... They go above & beyond to make your stay/visit worth the trip.. The prices are great & worth the $$$$... Def. would stay here again :)
Jen & Jim Pa :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

ok,i needed a place rhat allows dogs over 25 lbs- this place does which is nice. my main problem is that the woman manager is a B!@#CH. first, i was there almost a week(honestly i dont remeber if it was nov,dec,jan- it WAS winter tho,I travel for work a lot.) she was rude to me a few times actually. every day i was there i had to go in office by 11am to "reset my key" even tho they knew i was staying the week. very annoying when u walk yr dog at 1045 say,arent thinking about yr dumb key,then u have to tie dog up somewhere to ring office bell--and wait. i asked if she could fix it and was told they wouldnt. was rude again when i asked about parks in area...oh,and did i mention i work nites and they would knock on my door at 9am wanting to clean room(EVEN IF I DIDNT WANT IT CLEANED, THEY WANTED TO COME INSIDE AND LOOK AROUND TO MAKE SURE MY DOG DIDNT RUIN ANYTHING...EVERY DAY FOR 6 DAYS.) i always bring her and never had a key redone every day,or told.i MUST have room service. i can say this place is in a great spot tho,lol there is a small park (if u bring dog) up 6th ave a block away (go to end or 6th and make a R into police parking lot and go to back by pond)there is a shoprite and lot of place to eat also. if u DONT have an animal this is prob a cool hotel but with one,not so much.

• Stayed November 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

After just being scamed by the Sunset Inn down the street. (Long story short--They quoted us one price and tried to charge another) I got a call from the owner of this place.. . He told me he knew we needed a room and that he had one left- non smoking 2 queen size beds- for $139 +tax. I repeated the price twice to clarify and agreed to take it. After quite a distance traveling we arrived and checked in. As he was about to charge our card he said including the tax it came to $207 something! I told him he quoted us a price of 139. He said "no 179" like I was an idiot and didn't hear him correctly on the phone. So after my boyfriend tried to compromise.. the guy acted like he was making this great deal for us and said 180 tax included. If it wasn't so late and I wasn't so annoyed I wouldn't have settled but knowing there were no other hotels with vacancy at this point I gave in. Exactly what he wanted. TO TOP IT ALL OFF: The room was not non-smoking. Even tho it had a Non-Smoking sign outside of it, it reeked of stale cigarettes and made all of our clothes reek! The bathroom which had a sanitized security strip on the toilet..WAS NOT CLEAN. It had old pee left on it! And the next morning before it was even check out time the cleaning guy used his card and walked right into our room.. at a VERY awkward time to say the least!! He had nothing to say just stared and shut the door and then glared when we left a little bit later. This place was disgusting, rude and ANOTHER PLACE RUN BY SCAM ARTISTS!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
London, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

When my disabled sister needed a quiet, inexpensive, long-term place to stay she was so lucky to get a room here at the Journey's End Motel. Owners Mike & Kim are terrific, caring people and go the extra mile to ensure their guests' comfort. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. Location, location, location-they are 10 mins away from the casinos & AC beaches, walking distance to bus stop, and better still they are walking distance to Denny's restaurant & the Wawa convenience store. Even though located on a major highway, the rooms are quiet and outside you can hear the soothing song of birds singing in their backyard bird habitat. The ppl above that gave negative reviews would never be happy, I challenge them to find a better value, they won't! As far as we are concerned we WILL stay there again, GREAT ROOMS AT A GREAT PRICE IN A GREAT LOCATION and we can never thank Mike & Kim enough for their warm, kind hospitality.

Room Tip: There are many rooms on the 1st floor that are quiet, clean and comfortable
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

We were going to atlantic city sat, sun and mon. All the casinos wanted around 200 or more, even crappy claridge. So i was in search of a cheap motel close to A.C. A lot of them were booked or had very bad/scary reviews. So I went with Journey's End. It was a little less then a hundred for saturday. Let me start by saying I WOULD stay here again.
The PROS: The front desk/female manager was super friendly and very helpful. There was a stain on our bedsrpead and she came right up with fresh new linens and made the bed herself. This place is about an 8 minute straigh shot to A.C. It's walking distance to a cheap resturant and convenience store. Rooms were pretty clean for a cheap motel. The air conditioner/heater worked well with no horrible noise. There was a mini fridge and microwave.
The CONS: SMoking and non-smoking rooms are side by side and above one another There is not one whole section that is non-smoking. That being said, it wasn't to terrible. The people right below us smoked but we weren't overwhelmed by it. The room definitely used to be a smoking room because there were burn marks all over the tub and sink countertop. The water took about 15 minutes to get hot in the shower. (So let it run a while before u get in).

All in all I would come back here. There were no bugs, no hairs on our sheets. Bathroom was clean, I wasn't afraid to put my bare feet in the tub. It was very convenient and much cheaper than paying for a casino room. (why would anyone pay that much?? it's not vegas!) And free WiFi.
So don't be afraid to stay here. It's not a palace, but it's not a dive either. It's a basic room that is a decent size. It's pretty spacious actually. P.S. If you get rm 211 it's extra clean because we wipe down the remote, door handles, headboards, tables, lamps, sink, microwave, tv buttons and toilet with clorox wipes =) We do that everywhere we go.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

All I have to say is ANTS. ANTS everywhere. The place looks really nice from the outside but inside is a different story. When we checked in we found ants around the sink, in the drawers, on the night stand. When I told them downstairs they brough up a can of raid and sprayed. They also had to change my bedsheets as they did not look clean. We went out and came back to even more ants. The people who run the place told us it was because of the warm weather and they had an exterminator in every week. I could see ants on the first floor but we were on the second. Although the people who run the place were very very nice. It was just rather dirty. I still get itchy thinking about it. Also, when I asked for a refund so I could get another room, they told me no.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
long island,new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

we booked journeys end motel on 8/16 and when we arrived we were very amazed to see a clean and beautful motel.this motel is fantastic for the price.the pillows were great and the bed very comfortable.the room was large and the biggest i have seen in atlantic city area.the managers husband n wife were very nice to me.i will go back.the only thing is that there is no breakfast or coffee.this would be a plus for them.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Journeys End Motel? Share your experiences!