“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Galloway
Cuisines: American, Seafood
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I am a little afraid that this place is going to have a wait time soon! Wonderful food! Small but good service (although we miss Jeff!) I had the best mahi-mahi with mango salsa ever! Corey really knows how to cook seafood & he always comes out to check on everyone. My husband gets salmon with with jumbo lump carb & I do mean jumbo!! They also have great veal & beef dishes. I had the veal marsala & it was delicious. I can't say enough about how good the food is. We eat out at least once a week & this is becoming our weekly favorite place. They only have about 8 tables & it's a byob. If you are looking for a hidden jewel try this place, but be prepared.....there may be a wait. It is that good!

• Visited April 2014

“Cant give an answer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've heard mixed reviews on this resteraunt. Either really bad or really good. Having a 3 year old and a 2 month old at home it is very hard to sit and eat an enjoyable meal. So my wife and I decided to try some take-out one night. I looked everywhere on line for their menu and couldn't find one. I contacted Corey's and they confirmed they do not have a menu on-line. So that night on my way home from work I decided to stop in and get a take-out menu. Again I was greeted with sorry we are all out. He handed me a regular menu and said I could look over that. I asked him if I could take that menu home, review it with my wife, place my order and bring the menu back in 20 min. when I would pick up my take-out meal. He said ABSOLUTLY NOT!!! So I guess they will never get a review from me!?!?

Visited February 2014
“Excellent seafood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at this place after a long day. The service was a bit slow, which is why 4 out of 5 stars. All the food was prepared perfectly! We will definitely return if/when in the area again!

Galloway, New Jersey
“Wonderful Valentine's Day dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Went to Corey's for Valentine's day dinner. We did not have reservations, and they only have 7 tables. They told us the wait would be about an hour, but they would call my cell phone when our table was ready. That worked for us, so we went home and waited for the call. They did call just about when the said they would, and our table was waiting for us,

They open at 4 PM and are BYOB. While seafood takes center stage, they do have meat dishes and also children's dishes.

They have oyster crackers and horseradish on the tables.

We started with the Garlic clams. LOVED THEM! They certainly had the garlic, and the sauce was out of this world. We kept the clam sauce on the table to dip the hot, delicious rolls that came with the salad. My wife enjoyed the garden salad. I got the Caesar salad and opted for the anchovies. Yum.

While the menu was filled with tasty choices, we both chose a special. We got the salmon stuffed with crabmeat. My wife got linguine, I took a baked potato. The serving was generous and very tasty.

For desert, we split a berry crème brulee from among four choices.

Our waiter was helpful and friendly. It was cold outside, and was a bit chilly when the door was open. Otherwise, the ambiance was pleasant.

• Visited February 2014
Smithville, New Jersey
“Corey's Seafood - big things come in small packages”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Spending Valentine's Day at home with my wife and two year old son meant take out this year. For a change, tried a place that I've been thinking about checking out for years - it had been located in Manahawkin, NJ, but recently moved south to Absecon, closer to us.
Read some reviews online that looked promising. Didn't have a menu, so I just called and quizzed a pleasant and knowledgeable hostess about Valentine's Day offerings. Lobster Francaise, Lobster and Shrimp Saute, Cobb Salad and Calamari later, I headed to Corey's to pickup our takeout.
Be warned : it's small. I saw maybe six tables. But each one was filled, and no one looked unhappy. I soon found out why.
Calamari was tender, not rubbery. Nice, traditional, flavorful marinara. Lobster Francaise was tender and tasty, in a light, well-executed sauce. Lobster and Shrimp Saute likewise, not-quite-a-Scampi, but very good. Fresh salads, my Cobb Salad had good, crisp iceberg, tomatoes that didn't look or taste chalky, nice, recently shaved carrots and crispy fried onions. Topped with lump crab and cocktail-style shrimp that actually weren't overcooked.
For what we got, the price ($71) was very reasonable. I don't know how the inhouse experience would have rated, but the food taken by itself was excellent. Will most definitely return and expect to rub elbows with other happy diners.

• Visited February 2014