“Front Office was locked for most of the weekend!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of China Village Inn & Suites

China Village Inn & Suites
You added China Village Inn & Suites to your Saves list
China Village Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   232 White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205 (Formerly American Lodge)   |
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
brooklyn ny
“Front Office was locked for most of the weekend!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

First and foremost I want to start by saying that I have stayed at this hotel about 10 times over the last 4 years.It is usually a reasonable price for the area and the fact that atlantic city is about five mies away.The big guy who usually manage the property's name is Muki i believe.In the past he has been very helpful in accommodating my girlfriend and I.In addition on more than one occasion he has called a taxi for us to go to the casinos and made sure we did't get ripped off.Unfortunately this last weekend that I stayed here he was nowhere to be found.We arrived at about 3pm fri afternoon.The check in area door was locked and an elderly woman told me to wait.I finally read the sign on the door which was written in poor english I Shoud add.The sign said to speak to the man who cleaned the rooms.Finding this man was a challenge but when I finally did he walked me to the office and I proceeded to check in.He couldn't speak english to well which made check in difficult.I showed him my reservation which I printed out and gave him my license.He copied it and tried to keep my reservation.I told him that the reservation belonged to me.He gave it back along with my license.Then he asked me if I paid for the reservation.I responded yes it says so on the reservation.The check in office was locked all of friday and Muki didn't show up till some time saturday night.This made my stay unpleasant. Becasue everytime I needed something like towels or toiletpaper I had to try to find the guy who cleaned the room.This wasn't enough to completely ruin my weekend however in the future I may decide to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: The rooms with the Jacuzzi in them are the best rooms in this place.They cost more but they are wort...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Galloway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We deeply regret booking at this place. Don't do it!

Among the many issues:
Reeked of cigarettes
Unfinished home-repair project involving 2x4s
Ripped-up, stained carpet
No bed skirts--bottom mattresses are bare
Disgusting bath mat
Tiny and half-used bottles of shampoo, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place is creepy and weird. It seemed harmless online but in reality it was scary. Dirty beds outside. Filthy sheets piled up by the ice machine. Pancake pillows. TV way too high on the wall. Half filled shampoo bottles. The hardest bed ever. Dirty towels. Even nasty smudges on the headboard and dirty appliances, micro/fridge. Stay away from here. The desk guy even copies your card and ID in case you smoke in your room!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Worst room we ever saw, painted a shocking pink. No clock-radio, no chairs outside the room; there was a hd tv on the wall, just below the ceiling (a bit high)...Only one plastic glass; we had to drink our wine from the same glass as management had locked his office (it was 9PM).

As we walked in, we choked repeatedly because of the cleaning products still in the air. Someone with asthma would have had a very strong attack! We started the air conditioner to clear the air and left to visit the area right away.

In the newly-renovated bathroom, there was no hard soap to take a shower, just a very small liquid bottle (thumb-sized).

Pillows dated the 80's, requiring two per person to be able to sleep.

Management was not helpful at all, seemed he wanted us to not ask any questions (Punjabi-speaking), just get out to the Casino area. He didn't even give us a receipt for the room as we had booked online!!!! (we had gotten it from other hotels during our vacation). Luckily, we had only booked one night; too expensive, not at all what we expected for the price charged online (overcharged compared to what was shown on location).

STAY AWAY from China Village as other places in the area offer much better!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We have been staying in this area for years. We stayed in many of the Motels. This was the worst motel I have ever stayed in!!! The carpet was ripped, the bed cover was stained and the pillows seemed they were more fitted for a doll carriage . The furniture was very old and the T.V. Worked but had minimal channels.. One of the locks on the door did not work. EVEN IF YOU GET THE BEST PRICE IN THE AREA DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Very satisfied clean rooms Owners make sure that there is no party's and everyone is respectful Will stay here again !!! Great Getaway & great Price ! Nice Staff would recommend !! Not far from everything

• Stayed January 2013
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at China Village two nights. Our room was adequately furnished and quite clean. And we paid a rock bottom price. But there were little oddities. The small bottles of shampoo were only half full; we think they just refill them from a large bottle and reuse them, instead of providing new ones. We had to beg for plastic cups for water. The desk clerk was short of hostile, but definitely not friendly. And there appeared to be a major leak in the ceiling of the outside walkway to the 2nd floor rooms; after a rain, we had to run through a waterfall to reach our room. I find it amusing to test the limits of how little you can pay for a hotel room without being grossed out. For $28 minus a $15 rebate through our booking website, it's hard to beat this value. If I had kids along, was planning a special occasion, or planned to actually spend much time at the hotel, I'd skip it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to China Village Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!