“A little weird, but great value at the off season price” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added China Village Inn & Suites to your Saves list
China Village Inn & Suites
China Village Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   232 White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205 (Formerly American Lodge)   |
Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Galloway
Rochester, New York
“A little weird, but great value at the off season price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed at China Village two nights. Our room was adequately furnished and quite clean. And we paid a rock bottom price. But there were little oddities. The small bottles of shampoo were only half full; we think they just refill them from a large bottle and reuse them, instead of providing new ones. We had to beg for plastic cups for water. The desk clerk was short of hostile, but definitely not friendly. And there appeared to be a major leak in the ceiling of the outside walkway to the 2nd floor rooms; after a rain, we had to run through a waterfall to reach our room. I find it amusing to test the limits of how little you can pay for a hotel room without being grossed out. For $28 minus a $15 rebate through our booking website, it's hard to beat this value. If I had kids along, was planning a special occasion, or planned to actually spend much time at the hotel, I'd skip it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Do not stay at the China Palace. booked through a travel agency for four people and when we arrived staff said that only two were allowed to stay in the room and it would cost an extra 20 dollars per night for each extra person. They said that the websites allow up to 6 people per room but the hotel will only allow 2. Along with this, they told us we were only allowed to have one car in their parking lot unless we were willing to pay, or the other guest would be towed immediately. While cancelling the room the woman said we would not be charged for the hotel and two days later, she ran the charges anyway. Do not book at this hotel, terrible staff who will do anything for a dollar.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I payed with credit card couldn't have been more perfect for me and my fiance came for my birthday weekend. The staff was very very nice and respectful and the room was very very clean and very well maintained.Staff even cleaned the jacuzzi for us the next day which was more than excellent everybody should stay here not far from the casinos or boardwalk plus best price your ever gonna find in Atlantic city. 2 star price 5 star service recommend anybody stay here.

Room Tip: 1 word excellent from Staten island ny
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Made a last minute trip to Atlantic City...just needed a clean place to sleep. This motel always intriqued me with it's fun Chinese decor from the outside. It's a simple, clean, basic place. The rooms are fine. Bed a little springy, but firm. Pillows, it takes 3 to make 1 pillow. Flat screen TV. 20% off coupon for Dennys which I used. Free wifi Internet. Decent place. (I have to laugh because there was nothing Chinese about the room -- it had actual paintings -- like you would see at a Staving-Artist-Sale at a Hotel and had these large beveled mirrors with spray painted gold ornate frames.) Other guests in the motel were quiet and respectful. Well lit outside area. (Front desk person asked me 3 times in advance if I had a pet...which I did not.) Overall, Great Value for what was paid on Expedia.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Great stay - the room was nice and big and very clean. The location and price were excellent.

They need to update their furniture though..........

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

brooklyn ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Wanted to getaway from a sat to a sun.I usually prefer the boardwalk hotels in Atlantic city,however I find that the prices have gotten to expensive for me.So i looked for a place that was more affordable.I found a few places and I really liked this place.So we booked the king room w the jacuzzi in the room.The guy at the front desk was very nice and made me and my boo feel very comfortable.He even called a cab for us to go to the tropicana to party.He also made sure we didn't get overcharged.(cab cost about 40 bux).The bed was huge and clean,the jacuuzi in the room was nice.The 42 inch flatscreen was nice too.The room also included a mini fridge and a microwave.The shower was clean and so was the bathroom.I will be returning in august to this place.It is worth the money.Plus you get a 20 percent off upon arrival to dennys which is next door.Only complaint is no pool but the jacuzzi makes up for that as far as i am concerned.And the place has free wifi.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
new brunswick
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

Went for the night to attend a concert in Atlantic City. Great location, only a short drive to the casinos. The manager was very ....friendly. One bad thing was that there was some noise from partyers late at night. If you're looking to save a few bucks it's a great place to stay. Free Denny's coupons too

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to China Village Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!