“Our Stay at China Village Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added China Village Inn & Suites to your Saves list
China Village Inn & Suites
China Village Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   232 White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205 (Formerly American Lodge)   |
Ranked #14 of 18 hotels in Galloway
A TripAdvisor Member
“Our Stay at China Village Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Great stay - the room was nice and big and very clean. The location and price were excellent.

They need to update their furniture though..........

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
brooklyn ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Wanted to getaway from a sat to a sun.I usually prefer the boardwalk hotels in Atlantic city,however I find that the prices have gotten to expensive for me.So i looked for a place that was more affordable.I found a few places and I really liked this place.So we booked the king room w the jacuzzi in the room.The guy at the front desk was very nice and made me and my boo feel very comfortable.He even called a cab for us to go to the tropicana to party.He also made sure we didn't get overcharged.(cab cost about 40 bux).The bed was huge and clean,the jacuuzi in the room was nice.The 42 inch flatscreen was nice too.The room also included a mini fridge and a microwave.The shower was clean and so was the bathroom.I will be returning in august to this place.It is worth the money.Plus you get a 20 percent off upon arrival to dennys which is next door.Only complaint is no pool but the jacuzzi makes up for that as far as i am concerned.And the place has free wifi.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
new brunswick
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

Went for the night to attend a concert in Atlantic City. Great location, only a short drive to the casinos. The manager was very ....friendly. One bad thing was that there was some noise from partyers late at night. If you're looking to save a few bucks it's a great place to stay. Free Denny's coupons too

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
raven1220
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

absolutely awful!!!!!!!!this was supposed to be a romantic jacuzzi suite with king bed. hen we checked in it ended up costing us an extra $75 plus taxes. because he said he had the wrong price on the site? Idont see how that is my problem? then the door to our room was open and the room smelled horrible like cigarettes. there must have either been a ton of people in there or someone smoking a hundred ciagarettes that never left the room because it was so overpowering it was unbelievable. The maids never came to clean our sheets and there were bugs in our bed, a lot of them, i got bit all over my legs. DO NOT STAY HERE IT IS AWFUL!! AND ESPECIALLY FOR THE PRICE.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2007

I attended a concert at one on the casinos and just needed a place to crash for the night. I paid about $80 for a room. I was looking for a clean, quiet and safe place to stay-I found it. $80 was a great deal...If I had to get the same hotel room for above $120...I probably would have been a little dissapointed. For an $80 room, what do you expect? I assume that where ever you go, you will hear about a few bad experiences. I honestly thought that this hotel was worth the one night. I had a good experience. I am sure there are a ton of flea bag roach motels that are a lot worse and probably charge similar prices.

If you are looking for a decent place to crash, this motel is fine. If you are looking for a room where you will be spending a lot more time, perhaps you should try something that hurts the pockets a bit more. The only problem that I had was with one of the pillow cases. Although the pillow case was laundered and smelt fresh, perhaps a "new" and less "scuffed" covering would have made my experience for the price, perfect. The manager was a very nice man and the hotel was a pleasant stay.

One more note: There was a also a "damp" hotel smell in the room...again, since I only used the room to sleep in...it wasnt a big deal. You get what you paid for!

best,

Anonymous

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Zelienople, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

I was very pleased with this motel. The rooms were large and clean. The price was fantastic and the gentleman at the front desk was very nice. I would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2005

the prices were outrageous. the first night was 110.00 but the 2nd night the price jumped to 190.00. if i would have seen the picutures of the bathroom i would not have stayed. the bathroom toilet was disguisting. it looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in months, someone must had voimited in it at some point. the floor in the bathroom was filthy. there were ashes, dirt and dust all over the floor. i guess the housekeeping department was on vacation! the room was smokey, maybe because there are no smoking and non-smoking rooms. the chairs in the room were ripped and stained. my family and i were afraid to even get in the bed. we slept w/ our clothes on the first night. i went to the local shoprite and spent 15.00 on a toilet brush, latex gloves, bleach wipes, cleanser and sponges just so that we could feel comfortable using the bathroom. i also had a small dog and i wouldn't even let her on the floor. i was afraid she would eat something and get sick. don't open the dresser drawers or the the drawer in the nightstand you may find a surprise that you are not expecting. one good thing was that i didn't see any live bugs. oh, and the staff, the one guy in the "office", is friendly, but not very knowledgeable, the landscaping is kept up, and the outside appearence of the motel looks terrific, but that doesn't cut it, the room was horrible, and that's w/ a capital H!!!

• Stayed August 2005

Been to China Village Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!