“Basic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Atlantic City (Galloway)

Motel 6 Atlantic City (Galloway)
You added Motel 6 Atlantic City (Galloway) to your Saves list
Motel 6 Atlantic City (Galloway)
240 East White Horse Pike, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
“Basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here for two nights for a seminar in AC. For the location, the price is pretty good; Thursday night was a bargain, which made staying the considerably pricier Friday night easier to afford. Location was convenient to get to. I chose this location because it was dog friendly.

Check-in was easy. We were put on the first floor; there was a side door to bring my dog out at the end of the hall. I was pretty much prepared for a basic room. Room was clean. The king sized bed was comfortable. TV was a flat screen. One complaint I had was that it was very humid in the room which was solved by running the AC but also made the room freezing. Controlling the temperature was nearly impossible.

My needs were served here. I did have a problem the morning I checked out when someone a couple floors away left their yippy small dog in their room unattended and the dog would not stop barking. I just turned up the TV to drown out the sound.

I know this property was a former Ramada because the do-not-disturb tags were still the Ramada's. Also, the surrounding landscaping could use some tending to...the lot gives off the sense of being abandoned. Just because this is a budget accommodation doesn't mean that guests should have to be reminded of that.

I would stay here again for the price and dog friendly policy.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

No frills motel is fine for a night's stay if visiting AC. Plenty of local restaurants located near the hotel. There is also a 24 hour diner right next to the premises. The place is about 15 minutes drive from boardwalk casinos etc. The reception staff is very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SYRACUSE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I actually had a reservation somewhere else using rewards points, but their facility was old and dirty. I called the front desk here in a panic and got a clean, comfortable room, with a fridge and microwave, and my pets were free - for the same rate at "that other place" (I am still waiting on a refund a week later). Would definitely stay here again. The staff were wonderful!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Warwick, Rhode Island, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We decided to take a road trip to NJ and our first stop was Atlantic City. Upon arriving and checking out several hotels/inns/motels on the same road prior to this one with either smelly or dirty rooms and/or pricing too high, we decided on this Motel 6. Being only 6 miles from Atlantic City, the staff was very friendly and when needing extra towels and blankets they were very accommodating. Only offered soap in the room, no other amenities / accessories. However, the overall room cleanliness was dust bunnies under the air conditioning unit, sticky bathroom door, dusty and dirty electrical sockets and table legs, sticky arms on chairs, etc... But again was much better than the other options. We only stayed one night and moved on to New York the next day.

Bonus! Even though they don't have a continental breakfast option there is a 24hour Denny's in the same parking lot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you want a place to stay close to Atlantic City and do not want to pay the extremely high prices to stay on the boardwalk on a Saturday night then this is for you. It's a place to sleep and shower and what else do you need?! I was surprised that the bed was that comfortable but it looked pretty new. I hope they changed all the beds from previous reviews when it was a Ramada. I took the chance and it paid off. The money I saved I stayed on the beach for a few days. I would stay here again if I had to. More like between poor and average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
kingston,on
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were 4 women on a trip to Atlantic City and stayed here on a Saturday night. We booked here for availability and for the price as most places in Atlantic City area seem to double their prices on Saturday nights. We arrived late after a day at the beach at Cape May. They had our reservation and we headed up to our room, 302. The room had an odor to it, we weren't quite sure what it was. It was an extremely basic room, no microwave, fridge, radio, shampoos, iron or ironing board. Just two sticks of soap and an old television. There is a table and 2 chairs in the room and the sheets looked clean. We only had 3 towels in a room we had clearly booked for 4 people. One person had a shower and came out to tell us that the shower wasn't draining. After the second person showered we called the front desk to see if they could plunge the drain but they said there was no maintenance on duty and offered us to change rooms. The next room was on the second floor. It had a microwave and fridge, duvets on the beds but the whole floor smelled of smoke, the lamp shade on one of the lamps was all cracked. Apparently half of the floor is smoking and the other half is non smoking.
There is no breakfast in the morning, only 24 hour coffee. Denny's shares the same parking lot. There is a pool that looked ok from a distance but we didn't use it or go out to it. The hotel is only about 10 minutes from Atlantic City in an area where there are hotels after hotels.
If you need a place to lay your head at a decent rate, this place is just ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Atlantic City (Galloway)? Share your experiences!