“Good Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Assaggio! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Galloway
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mannheim Avenue
Transit: Bus stops in front of restaurant.
Description: near Egg Harbor City, Nj Near Atlantic City, NJ FORMERLY TRE FIGLIO restaurant
Hammonton, New Jersey
“Good Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We went here for our anniversary dinner and it was great. The atmosphere was casual, but the food was excellent. I had the salmon and it was perfect! The vegetables that came with it were also fantastic.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tenafly, NJ
“Fresh pasta dinner prior to running the OD Marathon in southeastern NJ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

After an extensive internet search, the closest restaurant to the OD Marathon that serves fresh pasta is Assaggio! in Egg Harbor City, NJ. Lucky for me, it is only minutes off the Garden State Parkway during my drive south to my pre-marathon lodging.

Located on a main road near Stockton State College, it is easy to find when you are unfamiliar with the area. Parking is free and adjacent to the restaurant. The inside has recently been renovated from the former Tre Figlio days and it looks great.

I was greeted immediately upon arrival by 2 hostesses who gave me a choice of where I could sit. Dining alone, I chose the high top table close to the bar and sporting event flat screen televisions. Sam was my waitress and she took very good care of me throughout my meal.

After ordering, I was brought hard crusted sliced white bread with 3 different dippings sauces : oil with red pepper flakes, hummus and whipped butter. Assaggio! accommodated my not-on-the-menu dinner request and delivered a fresh pasta, capers, and broccoli rabe in garlic and oil dinner. Total bliss! Though my photos are dark, you can see that Assaggio! uses very green olive oil in the meals. That represents quality to me.

Mary, manager and/or possible owner, came over during my meal to introduce herself and see how everything was. I appreciate it when someone other than the waitstaff cares about your time in their restaurant.

I ran a fast race the next day partly because of my great meal the night before at Assaggio!. I will be back again next year for the race and I'll remember to leave room for dessert since the dessert menu looks amazing. Make sure to call in advance for reservations as they do get crowded.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ventnor City, New Jersey
“Delicious!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

From start to finish every dinner has been excellent. The Antipasto is the best meats and cheeses and delicious. Shrimp Francaise to die for. Pasta is homemade and steaks and fish also prepared to perfection. Great bar as well and a Piano Player on Saturday. All in all it was a fabulous experience!

• Visited March 2012