“Beautiful hotel bad customer service” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Dolce Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
“Beautiful hotel bad customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel is lovely but older. We attended a wedding there and the event was lovely. We thought the food was excellent. We had two things happen that reflected poor customer service. 1. We waiting in a long line to check in and were given access to our nonsmoking room. When we walked into the room, we were overtaken by a strong stale smoke smell. This wasn't just from the last guest. It was an old strong smell. We immediately went back to the desk. We tried to go right back to the person who served us but were told we would need to wait in the 30 minute line again. When we finally got back to the front of the line we were given another room but treated very rudely. An hour later we were finally in an acceptable room. Our second unfortunate incident happened when we were leaving. We decided to check out and enjoy the pool for a few hours (again no complaints with the pool it was very nice). We asked that our luggage be stored and were directed to the bellhop. He told us to set it against the wall near him. We thought it was a little odd that he didn't tag it or give us any sort of check in. A few hours later we went back through the lobby and our bags were still sitting there and there was not a bellman in site. We just walked up and took the bag. No one stopped us which tells me that anyone could have taken our bag at anytime during the 4 hours we were away from it. That was totally UNACCEPTABLE! I have stayed at many hotels and have never experienced that sort of disregard for personal property.

Stayed July 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My fiancé and I decided to plan a weekend getaway here, and we were very glad that we did! The staff here is really fantastic, very accommodating and friendly. Our room was huge and very clean. This is a historic hotel, so the decor is not modern, but it is definitely very charming. They are pet friendly, so we had no problem bringing our small dog with us and they had a large property for her to walk around. We spent the day relaxing by the pool and hot tub with fruity drinks - we enjoyed it so much that we didn't even want to leave to go to the beach or winery like we had planned! The gym was nice too, with all new equipment. The restaurant menu was a little limited, but all of the food was really good. They also didn't have a cocktail menu, and our cocktails came out different each time, but they were always good. We would definitely recommend this hotel, and in fact we will be staying again in a few weeks!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Galloway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Seaview Hotel provided us with a clean, affordable room that was large, clean and nicely appointed. The staff was very pleasant and knowledgeable. We stayed (2) days in Atlantic City but wished we had stayed at the Seaview as it was only 11 miles to the city.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Galloway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Beautiful resort, friendly people, and best of all....the price! Couldn't recommend this place any more! It is close enough to Atlantic City and the beaches, but far enough away to feel like you are at a resort....NOT in the city.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

basking ridge, new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

As I have previously reviewed the Seaview, I should start by saying very little has improved. The draw for us is the wonderful golf. As a family who had grandparents belonging to this facility when it was a private club (over 40 years ago) and when it was a Marriott property ( numerous family gathering , weddings, showers etc) much has changed. What has not changed is the decor and furnishings of the most of the guest rooms. Tired and very very musty smelling. Carpet stained and filthy. Dirty Rooney in the room- went to put one on and found a lipstick in the pocket. Front Desk staff inexperienced and clearly rushing at most times and very unprofessional-chomping on gum and checking their cellphones. One good unchanged thing is Don at the bell station , he has been with the property over 38 years and it is always great to see his familiar and smiling face. Estrellita in the dining room is top notch as well. I will say I had the pleasure of riding to the spa in then art with a young man who was professional and mentioned he was working for the summer for his father who was the GM of the property. A college student from Arizona. The HR department would be doing Dolce a huge favor and hire more like him.

Room Tip: Golf and tennis are stellar here!!!!! Rooms are dated, musty and hit or miss on cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Ridgewood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We drove 150 miles with a confirmed reservation and upon arrival and after waiting twenty minuets , were told " we're sorry but we are over booked and have no rooms ,we are trying to get you a room in a Comfort Inn in Alantic City
If I wanted to stay in Alantic City in a Comfort Inn I would have booked that !
So we drove 150 miles home
We had a day planed the next day with friends in Cape May and returning to the Hotel for an additional nite so needless to say our weekend was ruined and had to drive home. Why would a reservation be confirmed for two nights and then one night which we were told they turned down other guests also was overbooked. This resort has very unprofessional customer service because we could have received a phone call or an email prior to driving there to be turned away just to have no hotel room at 8pm and have to go back home. Unprofessional rude staff and horrible customer service Stay Away!!!!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Forget about the fact that this place needs a major rehab, it needs a major cleaning, and the owner/management should be ashamed of themselves. I continue to question how most sites rate this a 4 star hotel. It’s really a two and a half star hotel (for the hotel itself.) A nice lobby, outdoor pool area, and golf course do not make up for the fact that the rooms and bathrooms are dirty, smelly, and in desperate need of maintenance. I will start with the good. There are a lot of complaints in other reviews of the Seaview charging mysterious fees and nickeling and diming. Upon making my reservation, I made sure to make note of the room rate, resort fees and taxes. Factoring in valet parking, upon check-out, my final bill came to the exact amount I calculated. That made me happy. Also, the valet attendants were gentleman…fast, helpful, cheerful, professional. A+ to the valets! After passing your car off to the valet, it’s all downhill. Posted check-in time is 4 o’clock. We arrived in the area early and so I called to see if we could check in at 3. I was told we could, but that they only had rooms available on the first floor. That was fine with us. So I go to check in and again the front desk attendant tells me they only have rooms on the first floor. No problem, but I requested to be away from the elevator. She tells me it’s near the elevator. I tell her again, I’d like to be away from the elevator. Her response, after comically typing away: “I have some rooms on the third floor, I’ll put you up there.” Ummm, why was I told twice that they only had rooms on the first floor? So we get to our room on the third floor, overlooking the pool. I was concerned about being able to hear the noise from the crowd at the pool, but surprisingly, we couldn’t really hear it. But, we could hear the conversations, clearly, of the rooms on either side of us. Walls are paper thin. And it’s not as if our neighbors’ voices were raised. My husband actually said “I feel like I’m a part of their conversation.” I immediately noticed that one of the pillow shams was dirty, so I placed it on the floor. The next day, rather than replacing the pillow case, the same dirty pillowcase, which had now been on the floor, was placed back on the bed by housekeeping. There was a chunk of, what appeared to be, cheese on the floor below the window. Was it picked up by housekeeping? Nope. Still there after housekeeping had “cleaned” the room the next day. The air in the room was quite damp, and the air vent blew directly on our heads when lying in bed. I should clarify that this isn’t an issue with temperature, as we were able to control the overall temperature of the room quite nicely, but it’s never pleasant having cold air blow directly on your head and neck all night. Now the piece de resistance: the bathroom. Shabby, smelly, and downright dirty. There was a light above the vanity, and a light above the shower, but no light above the toilet. So it was dark, really dark, in the area where the toilet is. And there was a prominent odor (sort of a combo of urine and melted plastic.) And then there’s the shower. If you’re going to be a “4 star” hotel, you really need to clean or replace moldy grout and caulking. Yes, mold. And if you don’t want to replace it, I’ll tell you a secret. You can go to any home repair store and purchase a pen that paints the grout white, so at least you can attempt to cover up the problem. If I wanted that kind of shower, I could have stayed at a Motel 6. Oh, and let’s not forget the towel rack that was covered in rust. Since “clean” towels are sitting on this rack, and I have to touch the rack when reaching for a towel, it would be nice if it wasn’t rusty. I’m so glad I’ve had a tetanus shot recently. So, Seaview, you’ve made me sad. And disappointed. The fact that you’re old doesn’t excuse the fact that your rooms are dirty and in desperate need of maintenance.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galloway
Port-O-Call Hotel
The Chelsea
#17 of 57 in Atlantic City
3.5 of 5 stars 1,733 reviews
Marriott's Fairway Villas

Been to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!