“A lovely respite for a weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   401 South New York Road, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
New York, N.Y.
“A lovely respite for a weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed at the Stockton Seaview for a long weekend, and enjoyed every minute. The hotel itself reminds me of a plantation manor and the landscaping is beautiful. The staff could not have been nicer, including providing bottled water when we left for a drive. I'm told the golf course was great too. The rooms are small and the bathrooms are somewhat dated but the bed linens were lovely and everything was spotless. The pool is nice - plenty of lounges and towels. Poolside food service was slow and seemed understaffed for a summer weekend. The hotel is a short drive to Atlantic City and there's a small shopping village a few miles away if you don't want to stay on the grounds. Overall, I'd recommend Stockton Seaview and would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Danielle S, Supervisor at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are glad you were able to enjoy some of the amenities we offer. We are very happy to hear about your experience and look forward to having you back on a leisure trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
San Mateo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We arrived at 12:30 am in the morning. The on duty security officer gave me a ride back from the parking lot, grabbed a juice for me and helped get my bags upstairs, all while making me feel right at home. The room, restaurant, and game room amenities were fine, but that personal touch really stood out and made me feel so at home!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Danielle S, Supervisor at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing you comments with us! I will be sure to let the staff know your thought. We hope to see you again in the future.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Great location to enjoy bird watching in the preserve, golf, pool with the kids or an evening at the Atlantic City casino shows. Very attentive staff and attractive clean rooms. Location is more convenient to central NJ than the Cape May areas and much easier to make last minute reservations at last minute than Jersey Shore house rentals.

Room Tip: Reportedly excellent golf courses
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Danielle S, Superviosr at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
We are happy to hear about your experience. We hope to see you many times again in the future and have an opportunity to showcase our golf and spa services to you
Glen Cove, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We booked the Stockton Seaview for a few days to start off our vacation. (Our usual Jersey shore place was booked. ) We arrived on Monday evening to a Beautiful hotel. We had originally booked a King Suite... however when we checked out the room it had a musty smell and my allergies immediately kicked in. We asked to see other rooms and Vanessa at the front desk let us see every room type. We finally decided on a room with two Double beds. It was in the adjacent wing. ... no musty smell. They also accomodated us with a rollaway bed. We went into AC for dinner at Carmine's. It was amazing. .. and closeby. We ended up extending our stay for the entire week! We saw a magic show in AC that we ALL loved (4 adults and 5 kids!) Visited multiple beaches. .. both on the recommendation of new friends we met at the Hotel and the staff! We had a Wonderful breakfast every morning at the Bayview Terrace Restaurant (in the Hotel. ) Manny and Chris were wonderful! Dinner in the Grille Room was also delicious and convenient (also in the Hotel ) and Danielle was great!
Front desk staff were ALL Wonderful! Vanessa Heather Danielle Big Mike. Helpful, courteous and attentive! If we ever called down for towels. . Etc. .. not only did we get them. .. and quickly. .. but they followed up with a phone call to make sure we got them! Gym was nice. Clean.
Pool area was great! Indoor pool too. Pretty. .. but HOT!
Housekeeping was efficient but did miss things. I love my coffee. .. but our coffee has not been refilled in the room for three days. :( Also had to call down almost daily for towels. (Only 3 left each day for a family of four. )
Overall. .. Great place to stay! Great service! Kid friendly! Great for golfers too from what I hear! :)
We were two families traveling together. .. family of 9!
Would highly recommend!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We appreciate hearing these comments from our guests! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Galloway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club gives the quiet experience of the ocean without the noise and confusion surrounding Atlantic City. Located just a short distance from Atlantic City, this hotel offers guests a relaxing vacation with close proximity to the casino/boardwalk experience. The hotel is approximately 100 years old and completely renovated in order for guests to experience the charm and beauty of the past. The rooms are small, but sufficient for couples traveling for a short vacation. I would definitely visit this hotel again when I visit Atlantic City. Golfers will find the location as a quiet home away from home where they can play a few relaxing rounds of golf.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your feedback about your experience here at Seaview. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you back next time!
Haworth NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

we were attending a family reunion on Long Beach Island, where you need to book months in advance, and our parents' house was full of nieces, nephews, cousins and grandparents. I looked on line for something close by and reasonable for a good night's sleep and found the Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club. Was I ever thrilled to find this and would go back in a heartbeat. I've spent a lot of time traveling in the last year, put up with noisy air conditioners and thin walls. None of this at Stockton Seaview! The room was large, lovely, bed comfortable, towels large and fluffy -- bathroom also large and updated. Our room contained a microwave and refrigerator, something I've found lacking in many of the higher priced places I've stayed lately. The lobby, bar and dining room are just beautiful but I must admit I'm partial to these places from the last century -- I own a 100 year old house myself. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I recommend it.

Room Tip: I think there is only one elevator so if that's important to you, ask for a room nearby. Otherwi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear about your experience and look forward to having you back on a leisure trip.
Lansdsle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Step back in time! Yes, it may be an older hotel, but frankly, they do not make them like this anymore! It's clean my friends, it's comfortable and the staff is extremely attentive! I love the old time feel of this place. It's kept very well and I can imagine it takes a ton of work! The doors to the rooms are solid so you can't hear people trampling down the hallways. The outdoor pool is on the interior of the property surrounded by the building keeping it private from the public areas. The building itself is beautiful. We were greeted by men dressed in the golf attire from days past. I thought Payne Stewart was back! Lol! They took our bags to the room for us and unloaded them. I've been here for a week and have enjoyed, along with my family, a great stay for vacation. It's close to Longport beach, it's close to ice cream shops and wineries. It's close to shopping and family fun and it's close to inexpensive and very good dining. The dining room here is well appointed and the food is good. We just prefer to go out and explore. I would love to stay again and would definitely come back! My family met other families during our stay and every person we encountered raved about this hotel. A pleasant surprise. I wish all hotels were done this well. It makes me want to give up the modern hotels and go back to the classic style and classy experience! Great job Stockton Seaview! Love it!

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will continue to enhance our products and services to ensure a memorable experience for our guests. The Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club is the area’s only full-service golf resort set upon 670 acres of Woodland Park just across Reed’s Bay from Atlantic City. It’s a historic place with an atmosphere of history and tradition more usually found in the Old World such as St. Andrews, Gleneagles and Carnoustie. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!