“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   401 South New York Road, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

The hotel has a lot of charm. Was there for a conference. Was lucky to get a room near the pool entrance. Ask for a room not so far down the hall, especially if there for a conference. Food at conference was great! Floor in room seemed damp from humidity.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Danielle S, Front Office Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
We are happy to hear about your experience and thank you for being a returning guest. We hope to see you many times again in the future and have an opportunity to showcase our golf and spa services to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The hotel is beautiful! The restaurants and bar were extremely nice. The grounds are impecable! I was there with two dozen of associates. Many of them utilized the golf course and loved it. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will continue to enhance our products and services to ensure a memorable experience for our guests. The Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club is the area’s only full-service golf resort set upon 670 acres of Woodland Park just across Reed’s Bay from Atlantic City. It’s a historic place with an atmosphere of history and tradition more usually found in the Old World such as St. Andrews, Gleneagles and Carnoustie. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Monroe new Jersey 7325978838
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I got the suite for a week it was unreal the decor the cleanliness was superb just a little annoyed that its to far to be called right near Atlantic city they dnt have shuttles there or anything the golfing is mind boggling the pro shop is awsome I wud go bak again xept the price isn't really worth it there are beautiful Marriott condos a few minute walk away and its under the Stilton owner ship and those are all very nice three bedrooms Jacuzzi porch kitchen

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear about your experience and look forward to having you back on a leisure trip.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I live an hour north of this resort and it was the perfect golf getaway ! The golf course is wonderful. A lesson with the Pro was very satisfying . The room was lovely at a very reasonable rate....the food was excellent! I will definitely go back, again, and again....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your comments and more importantly for being a loyal guest. I am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Seaview has a rich history and is a picturesque resort. The staff is welcoming and friendly, the food is good, and the accommodations are comfortable. The conference services were excellent. I will return.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and very much appreciate your patronage.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Though the hotel is showing its age, with both indoor and outdoor pools, and an off-the-boardwalk location, some may find the Seaview a desirable location. I've stayed here several times and there always seems to be an issue, or a disappointment, each time.

From the outside, it looks impressive. You drive up to a beautiful, grand hotel, with a long circular driveway and old trees and giant chandeliers peeking through the big bay windows. You walk into a warmly lit, cozy lobby with lots of big tufted leather chairs. It is almost like an old-world fairy tale. Then you check in and open the door to your room.

On one occasion when we have stayed at the Seaview, I was making a reservation for my husband's birthday weekend, and I specifically asked for a king size bed. I was told it wouldn't be a problem since it was weeks in advance. Upon opening the door to your room, you immediately notice that everything is dated....half headboards nailed to the wall, scratchy towels, rusty closet door. The bigger issue: I opened the door and there were 2 doubles (not queens.) I called down to the front desk immediately. Sorry...no king size beds left. I explained that I requested one weeks ago and was told it would be no problem. She explained that since it was so late in the day, she had nothing left...we checked in at 4:20 and their literature clearly states that check-in time is 4, so I wasn't thrilled with the "so late in the day" excuse. She did offer a hospitality room on the 1st floor with a king size Murphy bed. Ummm, no. You really think that a romantic, relaxing weekend includes a Murphy bed? So she offered to comp our breakfast. She told me to pick up a voucher at the front desk. I went down. I was told the voucher would be available the next morning. The next morning I went down to the front desk and asked for the voucher. The attendant said she had no idea what I was talking about because they never give out vouchers for comped meals. She tossed some papers around, and what do you know, there is a big stack of envelopes with vouchers inside them and a room number written in the corner. There was my voucher that they never give out. We went to breakfast and presented the voucher to the waitress. After we ate, she asked if we would be putting the bill on our room tab. I politely reminded her about the voucher, of which she had absolutely no recollection. We dropped a tip and left. So disappointing. Based on the exterior, I expected something more elegant, with more accommodating staff.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to give the Seaview another try and wanted to book a reservation for a mid-week, summer stay. I ran into some pricing issues on their website. So I picked up the phone and called both central reservations and the hotel directly. After being tossed around from person to person and being put on hold for a half hour, the front desk attendant said she had a huge line of people waiting and couldn't keep trying to find someone to help me. She gave me the email address of someone else at the hotel. So I sent a very detailed email, including screen shots of their website. The recipient emailed me back six days later saying that she didn't respond to my email because she had already forwarded it to the front office manager. I responded that I hadn't yet heard from him. That was 9 days ago and snobody has yet to contact me.

I really wish the Seaview had stronger communication and customer service skills. I'm really on the fence as to whether or not I will try again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We are very sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. Clearly we had a breakdown in communication among our staff, causing interruption in your stay for which we sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our team and will ensure that proper procedures and training is in place to avoid such incident in the future. We truly hope to have an opportunity to provide you a better experience during your next visit.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Was here for 6 nights at a conference recently. Came in and was able to see the LPGA tournament on a guest pass. Great event and the resort did a pretty good job juggling the huge crowds and still providing attentive service to us as attendees at the conference on site. It's a classic old golf resort. Great common areas and dining room. Reminded me a lot of Pinehurst.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality. Next year’s tournament will fall into the same weekend and we’ll make an extra effort to inform our guests of what they can expect. We look forward to seeing you again the near future and very much appreciate your patronage.

Been to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!