“Very nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Milford, Connecticut
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding on property in September. The property is beautiful. Any golfer would love it! (My husband was disappointed we didn't have time to play!) The room was very nice and well appointed. The bed was SO comfortable. The only negative about the room was that the paint on the ceiling in the shower was peeling. No big deal, a little sanding and new paint and it will be good to go, I'm sure they will do that in the off season. The bathroom was still spotless and nicely sized. The walls were also a little thin, so you could hear people in the next room and the hallway, luckily we didn't have noisy neighbors! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had room service breakfast delivered to the room, it was ok, nothing to write home about, but most room service meals aren't anything superb. Overall, if we were in the area again, I would be happy to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments and I am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so that your husband can enjoy a round of golf.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a beautiful old world style hotel. Very classic style and details.
It is a great shore destination hotel. It is in between atlantic city ( about ten minutes) and Ocean city nj (15 minutes) .It is also very close about ten minutes to Storybook land....a must see for families with children.The hotels has a golf course, a nice outdoor pool and a great indoor pool. It also has a family game room downstairs with a large TV, couch and pool tables, ping pong and air hockey all free of charge.(although it is a bit musty down there)
The beds are very comfortable,AC works well and the rOoms are updated and clean. Room came with a free microwave and a refrigerator.The staff are very pleasing and accommodating.They do have a few rooms with balconies , call to request.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear about your experience and look forward to having you back on another trip to the area.
Juneau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip, I can't express how friendly and welcoming the staff was. The hotel itself is like a wonderful old house surrounded by nicely landscaped grounds. I spent more than a few nights enjoying the breezes in one of the lawn chairs set out under the trees. I almost can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future on a leisure trip.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Yesterday, I surprised my husband for his 65th birthday by taking him to the Seaview,Marriott, in Absecon, New Jersey...At least I thought that was where I was taking him.. this hotel holds the fondest memories for my family, my children, my parents for over 20 years..We first went there to play the most wonderful round of golf overlooking the water and the outline of the Atlantic City skyline..
The Seaview, is an old Victorian style mansion on sprawling acres of lawn and gorgeous flowers.. our favorite time was at Christmas, it was magical and memories my children will recant to their children.
However, when I went to the hotel yesterday, leaving this morning, I realized I should have kept my memories safe in my mind and remember it as we all had. It is no longer Marriott Seaview, it is now called Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club, and now interestingly enough it is in Galloway, New Jersey.. still don't know how they could change it from Absecon
.. but i digress...
I realized we arrived on Monday, Labor Day, but my husband's birthday is today, September 3..I should have gotten the idea that there were very few people there when my car was parked in the front of the hotel??.. we paid $10 for valet parking. We went to the desk, albeit, early, but we were told very graciously, by Matthew, a lovely young man, that they could rush it to be ready, someone had just checked out, and then offers an upgrade!!! WOW, right??.. they were very sympathetic because we had just gone through treacherous weather to get there experiencing warning about flash floods on the road we were on..
We were very appreciative and that much more excited being a surprise for my husband.. we ate in the lovely restaurant, rustic and remembered it well.. we ordered sandwiches which were good, but after two cups of coffee, I gave up trying to get a hot, good cup of coffee.. we were told our room, our upgrade was ready.. I was going to ask for the old wing.but did not..it was always like " Somewhere In Time".. transformed early into the last century, the 1930's maybe.. charm, charm, charm.. NOT~!!
Instead, like the unusual scent we immediately perceived as we entered the front lobby, the mold and mildewy smell followed us to our room.. a maze of hallways I remember, but as we passed the "old" rooms, we used to stay in for years..we must have walked a 1/4 mile to our room.. room 150.. only way to get to it was to walk all the way around the hotel on the first floor, unable to go down to the pool area, except to go to the front desk again..
Okay, we're here!!!!.. I was so happy to be back, except, we walked into a room that had a horrid damp odor, and sparse furniture, chair and ottoman in the middle of the room, a beautiful bed with high dark wood headboard and big pillows and looked like a wonderfully comfortable bed..well we both kind of slid to the center after awhile..
There was also a big white elephant in the room.. ???? a big square frig, that was plugged in with a wire running away from it into the wall..inches from the foot of the bed, not in the big dresser that should house something like this.. not a blessed thing in it.. I did not order it, not did I want it..and there is a charge to rent it I later found out..
That moldy smell was distracting but I felt it was humid out and the air conditioner would help later.. I then went into a very modernized bathroom, complete with tub and glass enclosed shower stall with state of the art recepticals for shampoo, conditioner, shower gel. I was so excited to use this and tried this morning, I put on the main faucet and the water only came out of the main nozzle, which was kind of scummy..and the 4 jets did not work..what made it worse they would not shut off, when I shut off the main faucet.. my husband tried to turn one and water came out forcefully and we could not shut it off and a piece fell off..
Our toilet kept running.. I was excited because it is silent flushing.. NOT, it kept running, like mine at home..we went to use the sink faucets and they are not turning the right way, the right one turns off the opposite way... the huge mirror in front of me is very worn around the edges and the gold fixtures were in need of a good cleaner.. I went to hang my robe on the back of the door and there is a broken hook...missing hook.
before we left the room to go enjoy our stay..I need clothes from the suitcases in the walk in.. kind of old world but not.. but I couldnt see, there was a 20 watt bulb in the socket..
We only had one hand towel only two bath towels and two wash clothes.. I have always had at least two each all over the bathrooms of hotels.. we did not know about the shampoo holder in the shower stall, so sought the girl with the housekeeping cart outside our room, for shampoo and said they did not give shampoo out, its in the shower...ohhhhh okay..can I get a shower cap??, you have to go to housekeeping?? arent you housekeeping??
We left out room for our treck back to the front lobby, and met two girls with the carts asking for a shower cap.. oh, we'll put it in your room.. still waiting..
This really hurts, because I did read the accounts of wonderful experiences on this site, but this was not one of them..and this was the upgrade.. when we went back to the desk, no one we had seen was there, like I'd imagined it all..
We left, and waited for my car to be driven backwards to us from 100 feet away in the front.
We came home after celebrating with show and dinner on the strip and go back at 1:30am.. I know late, but no one was at the valet station. My husband had to go all the way into the hotel to the desk and ask about the valet??? He came out to join me outside and we both waited for a valet to appear.. it took too long for him to emerge from ???? and again tipped him to park my car feet away..
We went in and again hit with the God awful scent throughout the hotel.. no one I recognized, of course was there, the person on grave duty was the only one there..
We woke early to get out of this place I had so looked forward to embrace once again.. NOT.. we did have a comp for breakfast because we are AARP members..we know what once was, now we wondered what we would find..
We went to the desk to report the shower and all the other things we were so dissappointed about, and told them about our uncomfortable and underwhelming experience.. knowing we were leaving, offered a different room.. seems great confusion at the front desk..?? too late now, we had to go home.. this was my husband birthday..we would go into the dining room for our gratis breakfast.. known to us as magnificent in the past.. sooo disappointing.. they have it till 11am, it was 9am, there were very ordinary breakfast foods, yogurt, no summer fruits, not a berry.. was this because we were there on a tuesday and not playing golf??? Golfers are royalty here, I know, we have played here..and again.. the coffee was cold and oily.. I do believe, it is their equipment, and maybe the water?? I don't know..
We went out pulling our own luggage, which was to be put in the storage room until we were done eating, it was standing in the lobby, and my husband took it outside and down the ramp, where someone finally took it from him and brought it to the car feet away, in the front of the hotel
I'm not sorry we went, because it did hold bitter sweet memories of the places we stood for pictures with my deceased dad and our kids.. my mom's face, who was so excited we were coming back..
The mold and mildew scent in this building comes from the rugs.. it is -pretty barren, no history of the building, the elegant home, on the wall, we had come to know.. and staff who looked very disinterested and not very happy.. it was empty, we were the only ones in the dining room.. not their fault.. it was the end of the summer, it was time to leave.. but as for this wonderful old place, which will forever be special to all of us, I now know, "You can never go home again"!!!
I do wish it had been some of what I remember... driving up that magnificent front entrance, it was 20 years ago, with the magic.. I hope someone embraces the history peppered with the present and future.. it is us little people not the Golf Open or Conference goers, that made the Seaview the wonderful old girl she once was.. Thanks for the memories...

Room Tip: try to get one close enough not to be tired when you get there..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely regret that some of your experience was less than desirable. Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards, and for that I sincerely apologize. We will continue to improve upon our product and service to provide you with an even better experience next time.
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the first time for my family and I going to this hotel. I wish we could have stayed longer. The staff was friendly the room was clean and my son loved the two pools and hot tub! The breakfast buffet had quite a selection of different foods plus a chef to cook omelettes. Kids eat free.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the pool is pretty cool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to learn that you and your family had a memorable visit . We sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you in the very near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Golfers paradise! Wonderful rooms---huge!! Our room had TWO marble bathrooms!! Very clean. Wonderful food, although pricey. Friendly staff. Only drawback: pool/jacuzzi was shut down due to bacteria. Close to Atlantic City.

• Stayed July 2013
We are happy to hear about your experience. We hope to see you many times again in the future and have an opportunity to showcase our pool and spa services to you.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was there on a golf trip. It was great. Rooms were excellent. Food is very good. Ate in the grill and the people are very nice and accommodating. The hotel was extremely busy and I was impressed the staff took time to make certain you enjoyed your stay. The staff was highly detailed oriented and made certain of my satisfaction

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!