“Nice place for families” 4 of 5 stars

Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   401 South New York Road, Galloway, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Galloway
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Nice place for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the first time for my family and I going to this hotel. I wish we could have stayed longer. The staff was friendly the room was clean and my son loved the two pools and hot tub! The breakfast buffet had quite a selection of different foods plus a chef to cook omelettes. Kids eat free.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the pool is pretty cool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Guest_Services_7688, Guest Relations Manager at Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to learn that you and your family had a memorable visit . We sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Golfers paradise! Wonderful rooms---huge!! Our room had TWO marble bathrooms!! Very clean. Wonderful food, although pricey. Friendly staff. Only drawback: pool/jacuzzi was shut down due to bacteria. Close to Atlantic City.

• Stayed July 2013
We are happy to hear about your experience. We hope to see you many times again in the future and have an opportunity to showcase our pool and spa services to you.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was there on a golf trip. It was great. Rooms were excellent. Food is very good. Ate in the grill and the people are very nice and accommodating. The hotel was extremely busy and I was impressed the staff took time to make certain you enjoyed your stay. The staff was highly detailed oriented and made certain of my satisfaction

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Cortlandt Manor, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay near the Jersey Shore for a few days that was not your typical "beach hotel". We had stayed at the Seaview a few years back and loved it, so we decided to try it again, this time with the family(2 grandchildren). We love the property and for what we want(golf course, beach not necessarily a block away, but within a short distance, and a spa if you wanted to use it). Everything was fine, classy, clean, and accommodating.. The problem we had this time(and we had two rooms, one a regular king room and the other an executive suite) was the condition of the bathrooms and the sleeper sofa. The bathrooms, at least the 2 we had, were not taken care of. The grout was dirty, the faucets were pitted and it just was an uncomfortable feeling getting into a shower that looked dirty. The sofa bed was extremely squeaky and uncomfortable. We happen to get a very good price on the rooms. Maybe we were given these rooms because of the price we got, but it was the Seaview Sale, and they should take care of all of their patrons regardless of the price they pay. Again, we love the Seaview, in fact the thought of having a wedding there came up, but I would not subject my guests to rooms like that. They need to take care of their rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback. As you may have noticed, our lobby was renovated recently. This was the first phase of a renovation schedule. Our plan is to complete additional phases of renovation each year in the winter months. We’d love to see you in the furture.
Caldwell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here to get away for a few days as a family with two adult children. The Stockton Seaview is a charming inn with a large lobby for sitting with a drink or waiting for friends to come back from golfing. The picturesque windows look out onto a large lawn and across to the shores of the beach towns along NJ. There are two golf courses, and my group thought "The Bay" was the better one, and "The Pines" is about to be redone. The breakfast buffet is a bit pricey although you can buy coffee, juice, a muffin or bagel in the shop right off the front desk. Our room was comfortable with two double beds, but a little tight for four of us, although we were out most of the day at the pool. The hallways, rooms, downstairs, all over really, is tastefully decorated with golf decor and there is even a picture of Grace Kelly dancing with her father at her 16th birthday party that was held there. The pool was very nice and relaxing. We did not go in the hot tub, since it was wayyy too hot and with all the kids in and out, it may not have been the cleanest. Perhaps they should have put an age restriction on it. The grounds are very attractive with adirondack chairs to enjoy. The staff was always friendly and helpful. Atlantic City is about 10 miles if you'd like to go to the casinos or boardwalk. Historic Smithville is just down the road, but we didn't find too much there. We would go back, because it was perfect for what we wanted...a sit by the pool and golf, and not too far of a drive.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view room or one that looks out front.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thank you for noticing our efforts in striving for greater quality. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and very much appreciate your patronage.
Montauk, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

As with a few other reviews, my family stayed here during a seminar held at the property.
I don't have any personal experience with the contracting or business dealings regarding our "conference" for lack of a better term, so I will not speak to that. ( Though, one could surmise that since our group and it's few hundred attendee's go back each year, the business end of it must be top notch. )
From the standpoint of a participant I will say they treated our group exceedingly well. The staff is always around and everyone I came in contact was professional, courteous and set this hotel apart from others I have stayed in recently.
The only negatives that I can come up with for our 4 night stay were quite minor.
1. One of our room keys wasn't programmed correctly ( though once remedied, we had no problem with them again unlike some other key card hotels )
2. The lunch buffet was a bit light on choice and the burgers that I had were dry. The others in my party for that lunch all felt the same way and we all chose to go off property for lunch the following days.
3. The lunch buffet had a 20% "gratuity" automatically tacked on. I am not adverse to tipping @ 20%. But I am against a tip being automatically added to a bill. But a 20% tip should be reserved for a pretty high level of service. Being seated, having a plate cleaned off the table and having to go get our coffee while other tables were having it brought ( as well as juice ), 20% ( or $7.20 ) is not an appropriate tip for a buffet.

Now, the good points.
The rooms were a comfortable size and clean.
The breakfast buffet was very good each morning.
The dinner buffet a highlight of each day with good choices and solid service. I believe this was considered a catered event so judge this how you may... it was excellent.

The entire grounds were very clean and well maintained. Both pool areas were well kept and being this was summer the indoor pool was rarely used, it is directly connected to s shower area, which was nice to have.
The outdoor pool and hot tub were utilized quite a lot and while they ran out of towels at times later into the evening, they did bring more out fairly quickly when informed of this.
The hot-tub has a lot of jets... having been there for an martial arts seminar, this was quite welcome. I was recently at another hotel that had a gigantic hot tub, but the jets were sparse and weak... not so at Seaview.
There is a fairly large "family center" with 2 pool tables, ping pong, air hockey and a tv. It really has the feel of a converted basement, in many ways it is.... Some might see this room as having a bunch of problems. One pool table was missing a ball, the air hockey is not level, the ping pong paddles are a bit chewed up etc.... but I personally enjoyed it, because it felt comfortable and inviting, the chairs and sofa were quite comfortable as well and it certainly became a place where some of the younger vacationers would camp out and use their computers... it actually felt like basement game rooms that I grew up with in friends houses. These things were all easily overlooked. I saw a bunch of families down there having a good time as did ours... a lot of laughing and smiles... and that is what really matters. These aren't pool tables and air hockey that you have to continuously feed quarters into which is another huge plus.
Parking is ample, you can have it valet parked... but the lot isn't far at all.
The shop has plenty of snacks and other items you might need during your stay.
The outdoor pool and hot tub has an official closing time but no one said anything about it as far as I know, but I would assume that would change if the people using them became loud and they are within the courtyard surrounded by wings of guest rooms, mine being among them and we had our windows open all night... we didn't notice any noise coming from the pool area.

There is a gym which was well equipped and clean... all the machines appeared to be working well. I'm not a gym rat, but used it a few times and found it to be everything that I could expect. Locker rooms and showers are just down the hall and are large and well stocked.

Check out was a bit of a mess, but I cannot really blame the hotel staff for that, because we had quite a lot of people all trying to leave the same day and more or less within an hour or so of each other. It was jammed up for a little while, but you might want to just keep that in your own mind if you are staying with or at the same time as a conference or other large group... If you can check out earlier in the morning before the rush, it would benefit you.

The area surrounding the hotel seems a little run down. There are a few places to eat within a 5 minute drive... but nothing I found at least was worth recommending, outside of a single cafe about a mile or so north on the same side of the road. I apologize that I cannot remember the name of it, but there isn't much up there so it's hard to miss... it is right next door to a gas station.

Atlantic City as well as beaches are around 15 minutes by car. I don't believe anything is within walking distance outside of a pub almost directly across the street ( though I don't know anyone that went to it ) and a chiropractor.

Edwin Forsythe nature preserve is a short ride (5 minutes ) up the road and was well worth the trip... I suggest that anyone that likes nature take a little time out of their stay and get up there... during a migratory season I imagine it to be exceptional... as it was, it was a terrific visit.

I look forward to our seminar next year not only because of our event but in part because we enjoyed our stay at the Seaview. If I had reason to be in the area in the future, I would likely choose to stay here over anywhere else in the area including the hotels in Atlantic City.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to learn that you had yet another memorable visit at your home away from home during your conference. We sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you in the very near future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

For the fifth year in a row , our group picked the Seaview for our seminar. The hotel is charming and comfortable. The housekeepers keep everything spic and span clean. The staff goes far above and beyond to make our large [ 300+] group feel at home. Many staffers welcome us back each year like VIP guests.The buffet breakfast is amazing in both quality and quantity. Can't wait to return next year in 2014.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!