“attentive service” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Alberta, canada
“attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

I spent 5 nights at the Seaview while in southern New Jersey on business. Portions of the hotel date back as far as 1912 and the property retains its old charm. My hotel room was recently renovated and very pleasant.

I ate dinner at the Grille room on two occasions and the food was very good.

They have both clay and hard court tennis at the resort and both are in excellent state of repair. The staff did an excellent job of maintaining the clay couts on a daily basis and these are very pleasantly situated.

There were a lot of different large corporate convention groups in for the convention and golf facilities.

Overall a very good hotel.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

We got the Timeshare invitation on a NYC Health fair, and we thought it is a close spot, worth to try- good deal for $99. ( we belong to other vacation clubs, never been in Marriott). So, kids' spring vacation comes, here we go- -weather is gloomy, raining, everything is gray-- is this a vacation? We were really looking forward to some nice accommodations. Hmm. For an extra $99 we got the "villa", which is a two bedroom suite; in need of some renovation, and TLC, but spacious, with a kitchen and two bath, jacuzzi in the master bedroom, King beds in both rooms, 3 flat screen TV-s, little fireplace. It was nice. Nothing extreme, nothing too luxurious, just nice. The kids were very excited about the pool, but it was disappointing: both indoor pools are too deep for them with min 3'6", so it was not much fun. There are certain organized programs, but there is no babysitting available- except during the time of the presentation. The biggest boo-boo; by the morning we had some bedbug bites. Big plus for the staff; immediate response, tried to do whatever they could to make it up for us. The Red Door Spa was under construction but operating, and here too I expected more! (it certainly is expensive enough!!!) The area has lots of restaurants, and you can find things to do, but for us it just did not do it.

• Liked — The very fast response of the staff
  • Disliked — Bedbugs, too deep pool (for kids)
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Babylon, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

Stayed at this hotel on President's weekend, Friday night through Monday. It has a great location, close to Atlantic City. Rooms and decor were a little rundown and long overdue for a renovation. Staff was very friendly. The buffet was so-so. The service is the restaurant was a little on the slow side and I was given the wrong breakfast. I would probably stay here again, but might try out one of the casino hotels the next time.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The run-down decor
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
NY,NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

This hotel is an old style country club,with food and activities on site. There are two golf courses ,2 heated outdoor pools and an indoor pool. We enjoyed spending time in the recreation room. In it were 2 pool tables,2 air hockey tables ,a foos ball table,a shuffle board table and a video golf game. Our room was newly redone -large and well appointed with a desk, a table ,2 easy We asked for a refrigerator and a microwave and received within a half hour of checkin. Our room was clean ,for the most part. It is an easy twenty minute drive from Atlantic City. We went for a getaway anniversary weekend for two and truly enjoyed ourselves. We would definitely go back to this property.

• Liked — very nice room
  • Disliked — 2 slight problems with cleanliness in the room-found 1 hair in tub at check in, dirty clothing left behind in dresser drawer
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2008

My friend and I stayed here for one night to escape it all and go to AC as well. We treated ourselves to facials at the Red Door. The services itself were fabulous, ( I had Dana) but I have to say I was not impressed with the women behind the front dest, to me they were very snobby. It was very expensive too for what it was. I got the impression that they thought they were better than everyone else and knew it all. I was turned off and didn't make it worth it at all then. I doubt I would ever go back to The Red Door. I would stay at The Marriot though for sure. It is 15 minuted from AC, so you could just call a cab and go, they run all night long, and it costs $30 each way, pricey, but I think it's worth it.

Stayed January 2008
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for a little two night getaway. The hotel was charming. Little touches, like free hot apple cider in the lobby, were appreciated. The room was fine, though the age was apparent. The front desk staff was excellent.

One complaint, the maid service came knocking each morning very early (8am or so), even when we had the "do not disturb" sign in. Luckily, we were up, but not showered or ready to leave. Their English was not great and they kept asking me what time we would be out for the day. I didn't really appreciate feeling rushed out of the room, since we were planning to move at a leisurely pace. This happened both mornings and they would knock multiple times until we answered. I am not sure why this is happening.

• Liked — Family Entertainment room, free cider
  • Disliked — Cleaning staff
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2007

My family of 4 stayed here on Christmas night. The hotel was not at all crowded so they upgraded us to a suite which we very much appreciated. Everything was very comfortable. Had breakfast in the dining room the following morning. The food was good and the service excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Suite we were given
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Stockton Seaview Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!